Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-16-2003, 03:39 PM   #1
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

This topic is not a new one but it is a current one. What are your veiws on putting Federal jobs up for bid vs. doing them in house sort of say? Contractors vs. full-time Govt employee's.

The National Park Service has taken a more aggressive approach then most but this "outsourcing" idea hype has many Govt employees re-tooling and considering leaving their jobs, waiting a year and then go back to work as a contractor and make even more money when things are completly screwed after the fact. Drawing a pension on the Govt funds also.?
Old 07-16-2003, 03:42 PM   #2
Rokenn
Galvatron

Heard a report on NPR about the Parks dept outsourcing. The voluteers they interviewed said they would stop volunteering if the outsourcing happened. As they did not want to volunteer so a corporation could fatten their bottom line.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:13 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Happens during republican admins. Dems. create government jobs and fill 'em with their friends. Repugs. nix government jobs and outsource them to their corporate friends. 6 of 1, half-a-dozen of the other. No difference -- except that the Repugs. sometimes use the obscuring to claim that they have slashed government spending -- which is untrue as hell considering $300 screwdrivers, etc.

Just look at the companies rebuilding Iraq. All of the first round of contract award winners were administrative cronies.

Anyway, I agree with the volunteers. I wouldn't continue to volunteer if it was benefitting a corporation instead of the gov't -- I'd ask them to employ me.
In fact, maybe this "free labor" factor is one which suggests it might be *better* to have gov't jobs rather than outsource.

Statistical Fact: The government (federal, state, and city) is the 5 -- yes FIVE -- largest employers in Chicago, and is 11 out of the top 20 largest employers. Who's ready to join me in the revolution? And, it ain't just the USA -- your EU statistics are as gross. In truth, over half of the first-world's private sector functions have been nationalized.