Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-03-2001, 12:32 AM   #1
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

How do you get them from bg2? I've seen BG2 dragons, djinn's (memnoch's sig), and such? I mean can you get them from files in the BG2 game or are you just getting them from other URL's? I really want a gif of a assassin in black leather with two katanas slashing as my sig.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness.

[]####[]::::::>
Old 07-03-2001, 03:28 AM   #2
TheDutkanator

A .gif animation program would probably be necessary for this. It would be very difficult. 1. All creatures have sets of animations as they appear in the game. 2. All players have generic animations with funky colors and it takes other files to assign colors, and paper dolls to assign armor and weapons.

Go to the general discussion forum on this site and find an old topic labeled .gif's (I think that's what it's called). Memnoch gives a link there to a 15 day free gif animation program. You'd have to use Infinity Explorer (also on this site) to find the animation of a human,elf,etc. attacking with two weapons, then find the animation for katanas and armor, then somehow put them all together in 1 animation, then hand color each one. This could take MANY hours.

Alternatively, you could just use the animation for a shadow thief. It wouldn't have two katanas (just 1 dagger), but it would be very close and a LOT easier.

Don't forget to upload the gif to an internet site!

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
Old 07-03-2001, 05:30 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks Dutka. Very detailed response!

------------------
Old 07-03-2001, 09:10 PM   #4
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks, the hand colouring might be a bit tiresome so i'll think about it. Is this how you created you drow and jaguar sig?

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness.

[]####[]::::::>
Old 07-04-2001, 04:24 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackAssassin:
Thanks, the hand colouring might be a bit tiresome so i'll think about it. Is this how you created you drow and jaguar sig?

Yep, the drow and jaguar are both set animations you can export using Infinity Explorer. No need for coloring or anything.

------------------