Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-30-2001, 12:02 AM   #1
RadioClash
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a level 14 sorcerer in my party, and I am having much difficulty using him to great effect. At this level, I think he should be quite dominant. Instead, I find myself hanging in the back casting magic missile and flame arrow rather than blasting my enemies in high style. I have a very difficult time using area of effect spells (most notably cloudkill) because I can never be certain where they will land. Half of the time I end up wounding my own party. What is the use of Sunfire when it deals massive damage to my party as well as the enemy? Is it just me, or are many of the spells in this game poorly thought out (I'm looking in your direction, Shadow Door...)? Not to mention that an inordinate amount of enemies in this game seem to be immune to magic.

Can anyone spare some advice on how to unleash my sorcerer's potential? I will happily edit his spells in ShadowKeeper if someone can provide me with a good list (and effective ways to cast certain spells). He's just about to advance to level 15...

Thanks.
Old 03-30-2001, 12:08 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Take advantages of spells like: minor spell sequencers, spell sequencers, and spell trigger. I usually use spells like sunfire as a contingency spell, but very often I found myself using stoneskin, mislead, and fireshield blue for chain contingency and improved invisibility for contingency. Keep in mind spell casters are not meant to be in the frontline of combat, you job is to cast range spells like magic missiles, lower resistance, flaming arrows, and fire balls ...etc or summon critters to support your fighters. The best area effect spell is probably Abi-Dalzim Horrid Wilting, since it doesn't damage party or friendly creatures. Spells like cloudkills, fire balls, web, stinking cloud, ... etc are excellent for taking advantages of the fog of war in the game.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-30-2001, 12:14 AM   #3
RadioClash
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks...I'll have a look at those. Sorcerers are so limited with their spell selection I hadn't given the sequencers a good look.
Old 03-30-2001, 12:16 AM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Just a thought. You don't need to learn every offensive spells in the game, I've found the one I use the most is still the trusty magic missiles, along with lower resistance, it can become very potent when sequenced together.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!