Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-19-2000, 02:57 PM   #1
fitz

I finally finished the game (it took me like 120 game days... quite a lot). Anyway, I wanted to export my character and do it again, but I noticed the was before you put all the Tears of Bhaal in place and get those nice bonuses (immunity to +1 weapons, resistances, etc..). So I took my character past the point of the tears before exporting to see if the bonuses carry over. GOOD NEWS: they DO carry over. BAD NEWS: My system screwed up on the first one and I didn't get immunity to +1 weapons!!! It was basically a system crash problem and I lost a tear but got nothing for it.

SO, I was wondering (since my final save is screwed up now, too) if anyone knows the global variable setting for having that immunity. I will set it via the cheats capability since I deserve it anyway. Anyone know? Is it even a Global Variable at all or something else?

Hope some genius can help. Thanks.

Old 12-19-2000, 08:52 PM   #2
Armisael

It's not a global variable, it's a character status effect. Think of it as a permenant 'protection from normal weapons' spell. That's why it didn't survive through export/import, the same way a stoneskin spell wouldn't. Can't think of any way for you to get it back, save perhaps creating a dummy item that would give you the appropriate effect permenantly.

Old 12-19-2000, 10:34 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Maybe it is another bug in my game, but my immunity to normal weapon carried over, just like the other resistances....hummmmm
Could be SPOILERS:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Anyways, if you really want to have this ability:
1) start a new game, as soon as Imoen finished her dialogue, select both your character and her then do the area moving cheat (I think it is MoveToArea("ar2900").
2) this will warp you to the Nine-Hell level and you can do the Fear test again.
3) once you get the tear....go to the door and get your ability...then quick save.
4) when you start your official new game, just import from the quick save and everything should be ok.
P.S. This also work for the rest of the abilities (ie. increase elemental resistance, magic resistance...etc), and remember Imoen is immune to many magical effects in the beginning (eg. hold, fear,...etc), thanks to the belt from Jon.....well, I'll let you exploit the opportunities yourself.....
Old 12-19-2000, 10:51 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
Also....you will need to use the trusty [ctrl]+[j] (jump to cursor) code in one of the five tests in order to avoid the "adverse consequences".
Old 12-19-2000, 11:27 PM   #5
Armisael

Oh, yeah. You'll get the immunity if you import your character from a saved game instead of a character file. Forgot about that.

Old 12-19-2000, 11:34 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

But when you export the character in your new game, you will actually have all the abilities.....interestly, this works for familiars too, when my ber/mage summoned a familiar in a new game (get the +12 hit points), export, then start another new game with the previously exported character....guess what, the familiar is no longer in your inventory, you character will have +12 hitpoints from previous game. Summon another familiar in the current game and you will get another 12 hitpoints.
But I have noticed sometimes the effects (whether it is familiar or abilities gained from Nine-Hell) won't get carried over after export, what you should do is to give the to be exported character a NEW name, that will let him have all abilities.
Old 12-21-2000, 12:46 AM   #7
fitz

Thanks for the info everybody.