Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 03-19-2007, 05:52 AM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

The topic is pretty self explanatory. However, I'd also like to see motivations. Here is my top three:

1) -Firefly

Joss Whedon in space! The perfect mix of humor, character development and action. Damn you, Fox, for canceling this goldmine.

2) -Battlestar Galactica (the latest)

It started out a little slow, but I can appreciate how dark the series has become. The cheerful cast from the first season has turned into a group traumatized veterans that struggle to keep going. I also like the fact that each season seems to have its own theme. (Season 1: creating a new civilization from scratch. Season 2: relation between the military and the civilian government, etc)

3) -Star Trek Deep DS9

I've never seen a Star Trek series with a better storyline or cast. I really miss Star Trek nowadays. Even Enterprise became enjoyable in the last few seasons.

Honorable mention: Lexx. Which was a great series, but a little too vague for my tastes.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
Target
Red Dragon

What a good idea for a thread.

1) Firefly again, I just love this show, everything just seems to fit and work, a great cast, great effects and superb writing. Fox you ^($(£ )^$U” ^)U$)% !!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

2) Star Trek: TNG. I think it was 1987, I was a huge star wars fan, BSG and Buck Rogers just didn’t cut it for me, I needed some sci-fi and this came along. I believe without this show, the sci-fi we have now would be completely different. Also in Patrick they had one dam fine actor, good stories. Might not have the best effects, but we are reaping the benefits now. Also Best of Both Worlds part 1 and 2 are just amazing

3) Babylon 5. Almost lord of the rings in space, I can look past the poor acting, for the great story line, and writing. Especially those time travel episodes, what an idea, in one season drop in B4 then a few seasons later after several mentions, finish off that story. And different sort of effects. For the poor acting I’m referring to Bruce Boxleitner and Michael O'Hare, but there were many fine performances, notably Peter Jurasik and Andreas Katsulas, (RIP Andreas)

My Honourable mentions would be STS9 and the new BSG, I’ve only seen the mini-series but I did really like it.

[ 03-19-2007, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Target ]

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:29 AM   #3
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

I'm getting hooked on The Dresden Files. Dresden is a Wizard/Private Investigator who the police call in to consult on really weird crimes.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:36 AM   #4
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I don't really have a favorite but I would love to see a series based on Honor Harrington.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #5
Thoran
Galvatron

1 - Firefly
2 - Stargate:SG1
3 - Star Trek:TNG
4 - Babylon 5
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Target:
Also Best of Both Worlds part 1 and 2 are just amazing
Those are probably the best two Star Trek episodes to date. I had them on VCR when I was younger and couldn't stop watching them. That was back when the Borg were still mysterious and creepy. Long before Voyager.. [img]graemlins/yawn.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:30 PM   #7
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Firefly. I've hardly ever seen such fleshed out character that you started to care for after the first few episodes.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:37 AM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Voyager ftw. It's the sci-fi version of Odyssey.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:56 AM   #9
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well I have found memories of "v"

And startrek. The one with the Bald guy.

And old school Battle star Galactica. New one is rubbish.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:06 AM   #10
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Does X files qualify as sci fi?