Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 12-28-2006, 07:42 AM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Sometimes when im playing NWN2 game crashes and computer resets. When I turn on the computer the monitor is not working and I can hear a sound?! It says SYSTEM FAILURE and something... I dont understand?

it backs to normal when i turn off and on the computer though very strange indeed? anyone having this experience?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

With WoW, I encountered a system failure bug that had to do with a default setting of XP. There's an option of "automatic restart after system failure" that, when unclicked, allowed me to play WoW again. I can't remember how exactly to get to this, but if you fool around in the control panel you should be able to turn the option off.

Sorry that I can't help further.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:04 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I had a similar experience with Company of Heroes the other day, very annoying indeed, NWN2 runs okay here though.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
Sometimes when im playing NWN2 game crashes and computer resets. When I turn on the computer the monitor is not working and I can hear a sound?! It says SYSTEM FAILURE and something... I dont understand?

it backs to normal when i turn off and on the computer though very strange indeed? anyone having this experience?
Could be a heat issue also. I know the options for telling your system what to do after a systrem failure can be changed to "do nothing" but i'd worry about the actual failure itself rather than disable the thing.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:46 PM   #5
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

well where I can find this option guys? its really annoying a black screen and a female voice is saying SYSTEM FAILURE BLAH BLAH

just like when you forget to push the button john
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:29 PM   #6
SkyRanger
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Heh ... only worry when the female voice says something like, "YOUR SYSTEM IS ENTERING FINAL MELTDOWN. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO EVACUATE THE AREA BEFORE TOTAL ANNIHILATION."

Actually, I don't have the same issue. Although, I did have to upgrade the video card just to play NWN 2! (Mutters under breath).
SkyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:38 AM   #7
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

I had the same problem with "Ye olde Machine" when playing NWN 1, but if I didn't play for a long while (a week?) then it wouldn't happen.