Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 09-13-2000, 07:49 PM   #1
HelpMe

I have recently reinstalled Darkstone.
When I last played it it had patch 1.0.3

I installed the game.
patched upto 1.0.5b
put my characters back and when I start the game they are not there.
I tried somestuff just to see.
I put read only on the file and then i see my character and can play, but obviously when
i exit nothing is saved for the file is read only. When I take it off, and I load, it shows that I dont have any characters. Thus I would assume that it does something to the file when loaded which screws it up.

Did anyone have this problem??

I would really like to play with 1.0.5b if possible so I can do the Legend lv.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Old 09-15-2000, 12:31 AM   #2
HelpMe

Found the solution, ops..

I just remembered that the character.lpl file is linked to your computer name. Mine changed since I last played so I found a fine called ds_name.zip on some site which changes the character.lpl file so that the current computer replaced whatever is there. Thus this could also be used to transfer characters from one computer to another if u wanted.

Later..
Old 10-25-2000, 05:42 AM   #3
jeffrey

I really want this file (ds_name.zip) but I cant find it anywhere. could you tell me where
to find it?

Jeffrey
Old 10-25-2000, 08:36 AM   #4
20mithrandir

Try this link
http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/dark...ads/dsname.zip