Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 01-23-2003, 05:56 PM   #1
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Whenever I start a game, play it a while, then come back to it a couple of weeks later, I feel out-of-sorts and have to start afresh. I've just experienced this again: I started a new game about three weeks ago, with a thief and wonderful stats, and thought I'd go right to the end with him. I came back to my game today and I felt really put-off. All it takes is a week or so inbetween, and I have to begin at Candlekeep again. Does anyone else have this? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Of course, this is a mixed blessing, because while I have to do everything all over again, it means I can spend more time on this particular board, which happens to be one of my favourites. I look forward to helping you all and being helped myself
Old 01-23-2003, 06:48 PM   #2
SomeGuy
Unicorn

It's just you. I tend to do the same thing.I once had lots of new games started that were never ended.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 08:28 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

Same here. In fact, Half my files are guys I never finished. Come to think of it, I've only beaten the game with 2 seperate guys! Man, I gotta do some playing.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 08:31 PM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

I'm the opposite. Started and finished twice.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:24 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

When I start a party, I usually use it all the way, but sometimes, I will have a party idea that I think it's the best, and go create it. But I rarely play those party after creation.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:32 AM   #6
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

I have two simoultaneously games going right now. One single player and one multi player, where I rolled the stats for all the characters in my party. I play both games equally, and still plan on taking both parties all the way through.

Insane
Old 01-24-2003, 01:39 PM   #7
Keraptisdm
Elminster

I tend to start a game and try to see it through until the end. The problem is I start to get bored or distracted by RL, and I forget the game for a while. I come back later, much later, and have trouble remembering what quests I still have to do, etc. I think we all have learned a lot from this forum!
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 02:05 PM   #8
Calsiumus
Drow Warrior

I have a similar problem my parents are divorced so I stay one week whit my mom and one week whit my dad.. and I have to diffrent games at each.. and sometimes when i am on a queat at my moms house and come back to my dads house i have forgotten the most of that game.. or i mix them up if i have a quest at my moms house I sometimes try to contiue the quest at the other hous... so it jusally ends out whit me satrting a new game...
Calsiumus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 02:32 PM   #9
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I kind of have a similar view as Keraptisdm. I do stick it out though, difficult at first, then after awhile it starts to come back to me and I end up being back on track and no longer feel like starting over. It just takes those first few hours to get back into the game.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 04:25 PM   #10
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

I must have started BG innumerable times with different parties. Most of the time, it's just to test unusual characters that I've thrown together with Gatekeeper: Dwarven mages, Halfling clerics and the like. Most of the time it's just to see whether that character is acceptable in-game or if the IE throws it out.

Most get overwritten in the end, but I don't really consider them for full play. I'd only have to recreate the character in Shadowkeeper if I wanted to continue with it.