Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2001, 11:23 AM   #1
Mark Pullen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The BG1 incarnation near Nashkel. I've got a level 8-9 party & still can't take the bugger out!
Mark Pullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 03:55 PM   #2
Midget Gems

Hi to everyone, this is my first contribution.

I have played through the game several times and I never kill Drizzt 'cos I think it is not in the spirit of the game - his items make the game too easy. However if you realy want to do it, I got this method from another web site (sorry I can't give credit where its due).

Big Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Rather than fight at close quarters you must attack with arrows while keeping him at a distance. While it may be possible to use summoned monsters or skeletons to do this he is usually too stong for them, so the trick is to lure him to the edge of the nearby lake and then shoot at him from across on the other side. I know this works, my brother Philip did it this way.

Drizzt rules OK.
Old 11-15-2001, 03:56 PM   #3
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Surrond him with every NPC. Then stand next to them and kick them out of the party. Have a two handed weapon ready such as a staff or 2handed sword and stand behind one of them. Then attack him. He can't reach you but you can reach him.
Old 11-15-2001, 09:48 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

All 3 of the strategies described above will work, and at first I too found it satisfying to be able to kill such a powerful guy. But then I stopped. I usually play Good PCs, and it just isn't good roleplay to axe one of the biggest heroes of the Forgotten Realms. And I don't feel right taking credit for a kill accomplished by such cheesy methods. Plus, it is true that Drizzt's Defender is the best damn item in the game (with the possible exception of Algernon's Cloak), but how long do you get to have it? All items are stripped from you when you start BG2, so is using Drizzt's Defender for the second half of BG1 really worth having Drizzt dislike you during BG2?

Although I would definitely whack him if I was playing Evil.
Old 11-15-2001, 10:02 PM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

There is also one more method. You can whack him at LEAST twice before he goes hostile. So before he does, talk to him (have the conversation button on him and click it). After that proceed to whack him again. Follow the process until you have one lumpy Drow.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 10:51 PM   #6
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

All of this reeks of evil . Consider what you are doing. You are going to kill Sarevok because??? Drizzt is the best character in BGI ( and II) Don' t you think you can kill Sarevok without doing this? I mean, a wand of monster summoning is more effective.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 12:18 AM   #7
homer
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
All 3 of the strategies described above will work, and at first I too found it satisfying to be able to kill such a powerful guy. But then I stopped. I usually play Good PCs, and it just isn't good roleplay to axe one of the biggest heroes of the Forgotten Realms. And I don't feel right taking credit for a kill accomplished by such cheesy methods. Plus, it is true that Drizzt's Defender is the best damn item in the game (with the possible exception of Algernon's Cloak), but how long do you get to have it? All items are stripped from you when you start BG2, so is using Drizzt's Defender for the second half of BG1 really worth having Drizzt dislike you during BG2?

Although I would definitely whack him if I was playing Evil.

Old 11-16-2001, 12:20 AM   #8
homer
Manshoon

DOH!!
Sorry I obviously did not know how to use the quote function properly

I belive that even if you kill Drizzt and take his equipment, someone will come and take it away before to long.

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: homer ]

Old 11-16-2001, 03:19 AM   #9
Lord Arlion Majere
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Greatings [img]smile.gif[/img]

the best way to kill drizzt is to summon 8 sceletons...then make them surond him so that he cant move.....then just let the others in your party shoot at him whit range wepons.....(found out this myself, for my little brother...) then go down and take some food....(this will take some minutes...)

but why kill drizzt? its stupid!!!!! i was an evil character, but i didnt kill him....i tryed just for the fun, and then load back again... [img]smile.gif[/img] dont kill him! you get 13k exp or something like that, and some hell of good wepons....2 scimitars and an chainmail....but the game isnt any fun if you use them.....(i think)

have fun

*Never explain your actions,never defend them.....*
Old 11-16-2001, 04:13 AM   #10
Yoink
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So far I've only seen mention of cheap tactics. Anyone have some good ones that are not totally cheap? These tactics I am reading about are on the level of hacking the game almost, taking advantage of an idiotic AI [img]smile.gif[/img]

A tactic I would try is not using bows... surround him with your characters and hack away, have your thief backstab at him, and have your mage shower him with multiple magic missle and AC and Thaco reducing spells.

Summoning creatures to attack him isn't as bad as the others I've seen as "Tactics" but I don't use things.
Yoink is offline   Reply With Quote