Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2001, 06:49 PM   #11
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

my favorite would have to be beast he is an absolute legend in the pheonix saga when they are inside the crystal everyone is falling down amidst big chanks of rock and he actually climbs and flips up the falling rocks!!

fascinating

from what ive heard so far... gambit isnt in the second one which sucks cos he's a cool character
as for all the old characters... i dont think so cos 'the blob' is in it as well as night crawler i think and they are from the new series
Old 11-05-2001, 07:48 PM   #12
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

My favorite X-man is Gambit, but my all-time favorite mutant is Magneto.

The movie was great except one line, REALLY pissed me off.

Storm is fighting with Toad and its getting near the end. Toad is hanging and then it happens:

Storm: Do you know what happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightning?
Toad:...no...
Storm: The same as everything else.

WTF is that? Could've been something dramatic, but we get "The same as everything else." How about:

Shadowstrider: You know what happens to a bad movie script when you hire a good writer?
Writer 1:...no...
Shadowstrider: They make the script better JACKASS!

=P
Old 11-05-2001, 09:16 PM   #13
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

surely that one line is out down by some of wolverines

wolverine to cyclops
"keep your eye open"
to jean gray
"whats your gift? putting up with him"
Old 11-06-2001, 01:05 AM   #14
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Kitty IS in the movie. She's the girl that walks through the wall when wolverine first meets Professor X.

And yea Gambit is probably the coolest X-Man. Or Angel/Archangel. Wolverine is cool in the comics because he's the key to saving the earth from the mutant plauge in Future's Past or something like that. Archangel was DAMN cool in Apocalypse's coming.
I like Apocalypse for a bad-guy. I've got a thing for all those far-future everyone's dead and the mutants are in underground resistance stories. So much like the Terminator. It takes the nice-ness out of the stories and puts in a dark edge. The Sentinels were pretty cool too.
Old 11-06-2001, 06:25 AM   #15
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

My favorite dialogue from the movie occurs when Wolverine rejoins Cyclops and Jean Grey after fighting Mystique:

Cyclops holds his visor, preparing to blast Wolverine.
Wolverine "Relax, it's me."
Cyclops "Prove it!"
Wolverine "You're a dick."
Cyclops "Let's go."

That was a great adaptation of the early relationship between Wolverine and Cyclops.

Wolverine is my favorite character. I was sooo glad to see him as the main character in the movie. Gambit is really cool too. I loved his power.But when I first started collecting The X-Men, my favorite character was.....Longshot.

Other characters I would like to see in the movie:
Colossus would be great. I would also like to see Dazzler and Psylocke. Both of these ladies were VERY tough. Iceman would also make for great visuals.

Villains I would like to see.
JUGGERNAUT!!! I also liked Mr. Sinister and his Maruaders. That would be a great group for our heroes to fight.

Hero I most want to see in X-Men 3?
Shatterstar!!
Old 11-06-2001, 07:57 AM   #16
Argus
The Magister

Archon,

If IGN doesn't give you all the info. you're looking for, try this site out:

http://www.cinescape.com/x-men

I find that it has the most complete info. on all the various x-men projects.

IMHO I was really disappointed that Gambit didn't make it into the film, or into the sequel. Gotta love the Cajun! and I have no doubt that his interaction with Wolverine would have led to some classic one-liners.
Old 11-06-2001, 09:28 AM   #17
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

while i do wish the lady ambitious cajun was in the film i can understand the budget constraints... can you imagine the money in expolsives they would have to use everytime the xmen got in a fight??

im interested to see how they'll make night crawler look as well as beast... cos mystique looks absolutley awesome
Old 11-06-2001, 09:38 AM   #18
Debaser

Yeah, i think that it would have been badass if they put Gambit in the next X-Men...they said the reason they didn't wasn't Wolverine AND Gambit would've been one smartass-toughguy too many. I personally don't agree, but hey, they're the ones in charge of this whole thing.
Old 11-07-2001, 12:34 PM   #19
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

GAMBIT FANS.....REJOICE!

According to the link provided by Argus, the new members slated to join the X-Men team in the second movie are:

Beast, Jubilee, and......GAMBIT!!!

I don't know how often the site is updated, but Gambit wasn't listed as a rumour, so hopefully it's true.
Old 11-07-2001, 03:14 PM   #20
Irongrinder

Ah Ceric, that's music to my ears. I was already hoping for this.