Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-31-2007, 10:23 AM   #21
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Eternal Darkness if you own a Gamecube. I haven't had the pleasure (or displeasure, depending on how you look at it) of playing it myself, as I haven't been able to find a copy.

Have you tried the other Silent Hill games?
The only one I havnt played is 'The Room' is it any good? I've heard very mixed reviews.

As for Eternal Darkness its one I've yet to play, Im a big fan of cube games in general so ill give it a look.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:38 AM   #22
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

You might also enjoy the Alien versus Predator games. Both are suitably creepy when playing as a Marine. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:22 PM   #23
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Madman-Rogovich:
The only one I havnt played is 'The Room' is it any good? I've heard very mixed reviews.
When I first played it, I went in expecting something entirely non-Silent Hill..ish, and that's about the experience I got out of it. It really can't be compared to the other games because a lot of what makes it a Silent Hill game seems tacked on.

But I'd really like to give it another try, just to give it another chance. You should probably consider renting it for whatever system you have, and aim to make it to at least the hospital before making any decisions. At that point, you've seen pretty much everything the game has to offer.

ninja edit:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Ju On
Fatal Frame
Resident Evil not so much. As for Ju-on, I think you may have meant Kuon, right? I've heard of it, but I really don't know anything about it. If you're at all interested in the Fatal Frame series, I'd recommend the second game. It's received the best reviews, and is commonly praised as the best of the three.

[ 01-31-2007, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:43 PM   #24
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
quote:
Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Ju On
Fatal Frame
Resident Evil not so much. As for Ju-on, I think you may have meant Kuon, right? I've heard of it, but I really don't know anything about it. If you're at all interested in the Fatal Frame series, I'd recommend the second game. It's received the best reviews, and is commonly praised as the best of the three. [/QUOTE]It's Ju On, from the japanese horror movie Ju On. There's also American version called The Grudge. *Point at sig picture*
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:04 PM   #25
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
quote:
quote:
Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Ju On
Fatal Frame
Resident Evil not so much. As for Ju-on, I think you may have meant Kuon, right? I've heard of it, but I really don't know anything about it. If you're at all interested in the Fatal Frame series, I'd recommend the second game. It's received the best reviews, and is commonly praised as the best of the three. [/QUOTE]It's Ju On, from the japanese horror movie Ju On. There's also American version called The Grudge. *Point at sig picture* [/QUOTE]Right, I know what Ju-on the movie is. You're saying there's a game with the same name, right? Do you have any pictures or maybe a link to a site that talks about it?
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:22 PM   #26
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Ju On
Fatal Frame
Resident Evil not so much. As for Ju-on, I think you may have meant Kuon, right? I've heard of it, but I really don't know anything about it. If you're at all interested in the Fatal Frame series, I'd recommend the second game. It's received the best reviews, and is commonly praised as the best of the three. [/QUOTE]It's Ju On, from the japanese horror movie Ju On. There's also American version called The Grudge. *Point at sig picture* [/QUOTE]Right, I know what Ju-on the movie is. You're saying there's a game with the same name, right? Do you have any pictures or maybe a link to a site that talks about it? [/QUOTE]I've checked. Since mine is in chinese version and I didn't know it was translated into Kuon in english version. The original name is Ju On. Hmm...lousy english translator.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #27
Stratos
Vampire

Check out "Clive Barkers Undying" for an excellent horror game. Despite being a 1st-person shoot-em-up its one of the best horror games out there.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #28
Blue Dragon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You lot are adults and im only 13 and have played and own all the thives and fatal frames there only slightly creepy,i admit bloodlines is pretty terryfying if you play it when you've got the lights out and the windows open,but personaly for scarynass i'd go for,Silent hill,F.E.A.R and manhunt trust me manhunt is one disturbing game,god if my parents knew i played thing's like that,i wouldn't need games to scare me lol.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #29
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Manhunt is disturbing, yes, but ultimately repetitive, and boring after a while.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #30
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Well, the whole game isn't scary, though it's the best shooter I've ever played- Half-Life 2.

At first, Ravenholm is damn scary. Actually, it's just plain damn scary the whole way through. Damn. It's scary.

Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote