Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2001, 06:55 AM   #1
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

its the first time ive ever used a mage and when casting the find familiar spell do u hav to target urself?? and once u hav a familiar will it follow ur mage around or do u hav to tell it to walk everywhere?
Old 12-02-2001, 07:00 AM   #2
Dramnek_Ulk

Just select the spell icon and the spell is cast and the familir comes. It will walk around with you just liek another memeber of your party, but you can talk to it by slecting the talk icon and you can ask it to go in your invetory where it becomes an object to be relased later. beware though as they are rubbish at fighting so just keep it in your inventory all the time.
Old 12-02-2001, 07:06 AM   #3
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

...the kind of familiar depends on your alignment - so if you're 'true neutral' you're getting a bunny (it's incredibly fast and a decent fighter (i know it sounds ridiculous) and its AC is -4) if you're RN you're going to get a ferret (it's REALLY good in pickpocketing), if you're CN you'll getr a cat (it's quiet good in hiding...) ...and so on, and so on. So you don't need to keep your familiar in your pocket, some of them are quiete able magic-users (altough theyre not capable of learning spells), and some quiete able fighters...
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
lord_gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 01:54 AM   #4
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

aight my next question

if i start a game with say a fighter and using shadow keeper put a familiar into my inventory will i be able to use it??
Old 12-03-2001, 05:34 AM   #5
MiZ-DevAngel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just to add to the Familiar question horde, once summonded can you get rid of your familiar?
MiZ-DevAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 09:16 AM   #6
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by MiZ-DevAngel:
Just to add to the Familiar question horde, once summonded can you get rid of your familiar?

Yes, by killing it. [img]smile.gif[/img] Keep in mind, there are consequences for letting your familiar die. You take 9 points of damage, lose the hit points gained by having your familiar, and lose 1 point of Constitution permanently.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 09:41 AM   #7
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

If you have the CLUACONSOLE cheat you could kick it out of you group by pressing ctrl+k but i havent tryed kicking out a summoned creature so I wouldan't know. Also you might be able to kill it by pressing ctrl+y becouse for some reason it doesn't realy count as killing. I once killed every person in Trademeet with that cheat and didn't loose one point of reputation.
Old 12-03-2001, 05:09 PM   #8
MiZ-DevAngel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I knew you got some pretty mean consequences if you let it die thats why I wanted to know if there is any other way of getting rid of it. Like Unsummoning or something.
MiZ-DevAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 07:16 PM   #9
DragonReborn
Dungeon Master

No, I dont think there is (legally anyway...) So! A friend forever! Isnt that great?

DragonReborn
DragonReborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 11:24 PM   #10
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Archon Devangilous:
aight my next question

if i start a game with say a fighter and using shadow keeper put a familiar into my inventory will i be able to use it??

Archon,

Here is a link to an item that allows ANY class to have a familiar.
Hope this helps.

http://www.bg2.spacespider.net/