Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 06-13-2001, 12:32 PM   #1
McBride
Welcomed New User

Is there any way to kill the pods that create the Spiders? I can run in a out with the Ruby but I hate leaving anything uncompleted or (Dead).
McBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 05:24 PM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

It's been a long time since I played UMA, but if you like, there is a link to a walkthrough I can post for you. But if I remember correctly, killing the pods is just matter of careful targeting which can be difficult if they are spewing out lots of spiders. Try going invisible and attacking the pods.

Happy hunting

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 07:48 PM   #3
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

OK this is the guy that got Tim involved in the game. Sorry. OK I know you play a fighter character. Do you have invisibility? If so you need to go berserk and invisible. You will have to use hit and run tactics. Also if you go out of range then click on the pod from outside the area you will run in there hit the pod and destroy it as long as the spiders do not block your path to the pod. If this does not work for you then invisibility lets you sneak up to the pod and hit it. As soon as you do though the spiders target you until you get out of combat with them. Also did Tim tell you about me showing him how to get in to level 5? If not smack him and get him to.

[This message has been edited by Granamere (edited 06-13-2001).]
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 08:12 PM   #4
McBride
Welcomed New User

Granamere:

Have Tim send you my e-mail for an offline discussion.

None of my Characters have the Invisibility Spell. I have tried using Level 2 Magic Bomb with no luck. I lost all my Rings and Amulets during my last try on one character.

I did figure out Level 5 the day before you and Tim played.

I was going to try Wall of Fire and Invisibility when I got those spells but right now all my characters as pretty wimpy. Level 30, 30, 20, 20 Warrior to ..

Are the Pods Immune to Magic? Will I have to hit them with a Weapon?
McBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 08:39 PM   #5
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

I have not been lucky enough to hit it with a magic spell so my answer to that is yes. Level 30 is not all that whimpy. You need to run through the regular levels because you seem to get better spells there while Uma seems to give better weapons. I just paged Tim so I will see if I can get your e-mail from him. My e-mail should be there on my post. If not it is granamere@granamere.com go figure.
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote