Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #41
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: World cup

On a side note, the atmosphere down here is pretty livid. People are unlacing their shoes and looking for a place to hang Socceroos players and/or coaches. I'm getting an image of what Brazil's atmosphere must be like every time they come home from a loss.

I only watched bits and pieces of the Netherlands/Denamrk game and i didn't see anything lame. Nothing flashy, but nothing lame.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #42
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sever View Post
On a side note, the atmosphere down here is pretty livid. People are unlacing their shoes and looking for a place to hang Socceroos players and/or coaches. I'm getting an image of what Brazil's atmosphere must be like every time they come home from a loss.

I only watched bits and pieces of the Netherlands/Denamrk game and i didn't see anything lame. Nothing flashy, but nothing lame.
The lame part is the coach, if u have superfast wingers like Elia, and u start with Kuyt as a winger instead, u need to have ur head examined. If later Robben is fit, and Holland fields both Elia and Robben, there isn't a defense in the world that's looking forward to playing against Holland. Now we started with both Kuyt and vdVaart on the wings, and they don't have the speed or the technique to do that succesfully. The Danes were forced back only after Elia was brought in. Playing with fast wingers has always been our way of play, but u need to put the right players on the right positions, and today Holland looked completely off balance in the first half.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #43
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Wow, what a thrashing that was. Just watched the replay and I have to revise my opinion of our team even worse than it was when I was watching it live. I have to say that on that showing we're one of the worst teams in the WC, if not the worst. Too slow, no threat up front, Cahill and Garcia played out of position, porous midfield who can't retain possession and a static back four. Moore - too slow. No x-factor and Cahill marked out of this game and probably out of the rest of the group matches.

And the worst thing is I can't see how we can improve, other than bringing in a not-fully-fit Kewell and an out-of-form Bresciano and then put Kennedy up front with Harry. The one plus was that Emerton played well and that Ghana and Serbia don't have the precision the Germans have.

The last two matches will be about pride - regaining it for their own sake.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #44
Sever

I can imagine the elation in Kiwi land right now. I don't think anyone who was watching the match would have predicted an equaliser in the last 30 seconds of play. Textbook perfect header from the Slovak (don't know name, sorry) early in the second half seemed to be the seal on the deal. The only thing more perfect was the header at the end. Gratz to the Kiwis for quite literally stealing a point.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 06-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #45
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Ah Christiano Ronaldo, the great CR7/CR9, he never fail to amuse me. A slightest of knocks and off he goes to ground. I swear even if he was playing in a totally empty stadium with nobody around him he's still gonna fall down crying faul.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:28 PM   #46
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Wow, what a thrashing that was. Just watched the replay and I have to revise my opinion of our team even worse than it was when I was watching it live. I have to say that on that showing we're one of the worst teams in the WC, if not the worst. Too slow, no threat up front, Cahill and Garcia played out of position, porous midfield who can't retain possession and a static back four. Moore - too slow. No x-factor and Cahill marked out of this game and probably out of the rest of the group matches.

And the worst thing is I can't see how we can improve, other than bringing in a not-fully-fit Kewell and an out-of-form Bresciano and then put Kennedy up front with Harry. The one plus was that Emerton played well and that Ghana and Serbia don't have the precision the Germans have.

The last two matches will be about pride - regaining it for their own sake.
thought Wiltshire played well, as usual. But the hammer blow for me was not so much the poor performance but in Cahills sending off, that was disgraceful

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #47
wellard
Dracolisk

These Dutch girls were evicted from the ground BUT those bloody horns stayed ...... get a grip FIFA

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #48
Sever

Why girls thrown out?
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 06-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #49
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Aye I agree, trade the orange girls back for every damn horn in that stadium. Also, destroy every horn in Africa and put a curse on their manufacturers imo.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:04 AM   #50
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
LOL England

First they lose the rugby despite being given two penalty tries and then they snatch a draw from the jaws of victory. That's gotta be one of the worst howlers by an England keeper in a while and that's saying something given their history. Even that second half save off Altidore was made much harder than it had to be given the angle Altidore had to shoot from.
Are Australia in the World Cup this year Mems?

Have you changed your mind about Greece being the worst team in the tournament?

Nice to see New Zealand flying the flag for Australasia.

Are you over the T20 walloping yet?

I can't tell you how much I love that recipe for Australia Scrum Crumble.

Fancy Liverpool in this year's Champions League?

How bout dem Ashes - Home Again!

Return of the D

Last edited by Lanesra; 06-16-2010 at 07:06 AM.
Lanesra is offline   Reply With Quote