Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-30-2003, 02:08 PM   #21
daan
Silver Dragon

Which is why you use Spellshield [img]smile.gif[/img]
Never mind whatever the description is saying, better yet, dont ever believe anything you read in official BG:2 manuals, you'll be better off

Anyway, if you cast spellshield, no Anti-magic ray will do anything to you.
And the spellshield wont disappear after the first ray either, it will stay on as long as the duration of the spell, and during that time protect you against the Beholder's means of dispelling your protections.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:32 PM   #22
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

Kangaxx is Quit easy if you got a protection from unded scroll he cant do anything to you then.If you got tob Then you meat The real FEAR when you meat the games most powerful enemy the DEMIGORGON
Old 07-31-2003, 03:15 PM   #23
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Demogorgon is easy. Even Improved Version [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 07:45 AM   #24
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SixOfSpades :

Don't worry, killing B in the Asylum won't break your game, although I'm surprised that you were able to pull it off in the, what, TWO seconds of combat that the game allows. Are you sure it wasn't one of the other Vampires there that you annihilated?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I'm sure it wasn't another vampire because it said I got the exp pts for killing her - 2 secs is all it takes from the slayer once your transformed into that PLUS your hasted spell!
And no it doesn't break your game because I killed her the final time
with your allies...

*SPOILER*

I think there is a BUG in this part if you have the Paladin fighting at you side there is a random chance that his magic sword of some such explodes a fireball as he is attacking with it - then he turns on *you* and says: 'you dare betray me! back knights back!' and then disappears! blaming u for casting the spell at him whereas in fact it came from his sword?
Does this cause a negative reaction in him the next time you speak to him?

quote:
Originally posted by cerandil :

Out of curiosity How many people have ever actually tried (let alone succeeded in) beating the beholder caverns in UD without the shield and cloak? That would be quite the feat. I admit I've never bothered.

Yeah it has been done before, but pretty tough to not killed at least several times if your a lvl 12 or lower which was what I was around about the 1st time I went straight to the main quest without doing all of the side quests 1st to get xp! Pretty silly cos Imoen could wait there for a pretty damn long time! [img]redface.gif[/img] ;D

quote:
Originally posted by Bloodtitan :

a really stylish way to kill kangaxx the demilich is : to have 3 rings of the ram, have 3 bearers in a triangle positioned around him, them gestureing with the power of the THREE on poor kangaxx and grab the loot. finally, the THREE overwhelm the ONE

Its possible to get 3 rings of the RAM?!?!?
don't spoil unless u have to....thanks [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2003, 07:52 AM   #25
Dirznolu Ousghym
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i found that imprisoned thing on the second level of Watchers Keep pretty tough, mainly cos i couldn't do very much damage to him at all...took me bout 45 minutes to kill the damn thing
Old 08-01-2003, 07:55 AM   #26
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Maybe that's because you didn't know how to damage him?

The easiest way is SPOILER
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
to lure him into any room with the acid clouds in it, and close all the doors. Once, he figured out how to open them (-.-), so I had to put one of my party in the room as bait. I kept switching when they got low on hp, and eventually Chromy died.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:26 AM   #27
Dirznolu Ousghym
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ah, so thats how you do it...i always just tried to beat him into the ground and only 1 in every 25 attacks hit and damged him and only then it was 1 point of damage thank u ^_^
Old 08-01-2003, 08:30 AM   #28
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Yes,that`s becuase only Elemental Damage hurts him. So FoA is very usefl here. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 08:42 AM   #29
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

That's not the only way to damage him, it's the easiest. The notes that you find scattered on lvl 2 tell you his weaknesess.

Air Elemental > Poison
Shambling Mound > Lightning
Ice Golem > Fire
Red Demon > Ice

That's the "secret".

ADD-As Xen said, the FoA is great vs. him (and most anything else, heheh) Too bad you can't have the FoA +5 at that time.

[ 08-01-2003, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Pyrenk ]
Old 08-01-2003, 03:03 PM   #30
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Why can't you? You get FoA +3 from the Keep, another Flail head, IIRC, from that level in Watcher's Keep, and another one from Abazigal. That makes the FoA +5.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote