Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 05:18 PM   #11
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Chimps are able to rip a human apart. There is no way a growen man could take a chimp. I would like to see someone try. Maybe a cage match or something to settle it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2005, 05:57 PM   #12
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
I would like to see someone try. Maybe a cage match or something to settle it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Are you volunteering?
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 07:12 PM   #13
spydar

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:

I'm sorry but even if you weren't in your 60's, I can't see how you could successfully defend against two chimps, without getting majorly hurt. Odd though why the chimps attacked them in the first place, wonder if that is normal behavior? Feel so bad for the husband, he really was ripped up And all they were doing was trying to take a cake to their old pet who was taken away from them. Although I must say it was odd that they brought him cake, is that good for monkeys? And also the monkey was taken away cause it apparently bit part of a person's finger off, ack!

Bah, was an odd story either way, so thought to post it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
first of all, chimps are not monkeys, they are great apes, monkeys have tails and are almost exclusively arboreal (tree dwelling). and while this isn't exactly normal, I am not in the least bit surprised that he got attacked. a)chimps are very smart, smart enough to escape from their enclosures. b) chimps are very strong, an adult male chimp is an average of 4 times stronger than an adult male human. c) chimps (especially males) are very aggressive, territorial, and capable of commiting murder and war.

sorry about the anal-ness of that, but primates are what I'm currently paying $10 grand a year to study.

I do feel really bad for the guy though, he and his wife took care of a chimp, then put him in a sanctuary (the best place for him aside from the wild), and then even continued to visit. to have this happen is really sad to say the least, I hope it doesn't colour his view on the animals he apparently loved.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:08 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Whoa.. I posted to this and it doesn't show up now. This has happened to me about 4 times today-ethernet must be hicupping alot!

Well, basically what I said was that I heard this on the radio too, LZ. I felt so awful for that poor guy who got attacked, they said he was hurt quite badly.

Ha.. that guy who was bragging so much on the radio show you heard should be given a chance to show off- I am pretty sure he'd regret it quickly! The chimps sounded very strong and quite rough.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:41 PM   #15
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Spirits Reborn:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Maybe i just didn't want to read that. *shudder*
yea..same... that's harsh..

what's up with people loosing their testicles, and stuff nowdays?....are people just getting more accident prone? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]It's an autumn thing i suppose, nuts are falling off all around us, like leafs from a tree. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Too bad it's nearly spring. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 12:55 PM   #16
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
I would like to see someone try. Maybe a cage match or something to settle it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Are you volunteering? [/QUOTE]The only way I would do it is the wear full body armor. Have you ever seen the guy that made that full body armor to study bears.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:07 PM   #17
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:

Maybe the animal kingdom is starting their revenge plan.....
That's why the founding father's of America drafted the 2nd amendment. People smile and nod politely whenever I say that, but it's true! It really is!
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 09:10 PM   #18
spydar

what's the 2nd ammendment?
Old 03-13-2005, 11:28 AM   #19
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

The right to keep and bear arms.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 01:35 PM   #20
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Lol Sir D! Have you seen the South Park episode, 'rainforest shcmainforest'? "Stop the rainforest, before its too late!"
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote