Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-16-2001, 06:14 PM   #31
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
It costs me! Although we do have deals where you can pay a flat rate, but many of them aren't very good. I'm looking at several right now! (Not looking forward to phone bill one bit! )
See...that's what I'm trying to figure out. When I go online, I use a local phone number to dial up. Ironworks is, I assume, out of Florida - yes? And when I go on to Ironworks, it doesn't indicate it's dialing up anything else or give me any indication of long distance in use. Does this mean that I'm not incurring charges on my phone bill? Wouldn't the system warn me if I was? If I AM running up charges on my phone bill, I'm going to have to start putting in a LOT of overtime at work 'cause I'm NOT giving up my IW!

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair. Occasional subjugate to Gwhanos the Fluffy *
Old 09-16-2001, 06:36 PM   #32
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Why does it cost more? It is hard to find internet service that is hourly anymore. You should look into changing your services over.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-16-2001, 07:18 PM   #33
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

I have cable internet!

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Co-owner of The Abyssal Pit
The Spaminyte Emperor
Official Demon/Villain of IW!
Fish? Welcome to your Doom!

Old 09-16-2001, 07:23 PM   #34
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
See...that's what I'm trying to figure out. When I go online, I use a local phone number to dial up. Ironworks is, I assume, out of Florida - yes? And when I go on to Ironworks, it doesn't indicate it's dialing up anything else or give me any indication of long distance in use. Does this mean that I'm not incurring charges on my phone bill? Wouldn't the system warn me if I was? If I AM running up charges on my phone bill, I'm going to have to start putting in a LOT of overtime at work 'cause I'm NOT giving up my IW!

Well, Dan is in FL, but it really shouldn't matter. It's your ISP that matters. I would bet that the number you are using is extended local. What that means is that you pay a quarter or so for each call. Maybe per hour depending on your service. If you had DSL, some packages charge you by data transfer or via time. It all depends on your configuration. Best thing is to find out what you have setup and try to maximize your time based on that. If you are using a plan that costs you a lot, you can ask the service if they have something cheaper. It's always good to ask.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 09:20 PM   #35
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:

Well, Dan is in FL, but it really shouldn't matter. It's your ISP that matters. I would bet that the number you are using is extended local. What that means is that you pay a quarter or so for each call. Maybe per hour depending on your service. If you had DSL, some packages charge you by data transfer or via time. It all depends on your configuration. Best thing is to find out what you have setup and try to maximize your time based on that. If you are using a plan that costs you a lot, you can ask the service if they have something cheaper. It's always good to ask.
Thanks! I'll check it out!

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair. Occasional subjugate to Gwhanos the Fluffy *