Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-24-2001, 12:28 PM   #41
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

You are correct, Rikard, and it is available now, which is why we use it.

My point through all of this is that the board has IMPROVED. Using different forum software has helped, as having moderators to police the boards. That is in no way indicative of Ziroc's abilities as a forum owner. He did fantastic with what he had, and the fact that the boards were able to police themselves as well as they did back then is miraculous. Wizards & Warriors alone is a testament to the fact that we had a great community of people there then, and we still do. To this date, Wyvern has only had to remove one thread, and close two, due to "problems". With over 26,000 posts in that forum, that is an incredible track record.

There were a lot of problems back THEN, and they certainly do not reflect upon any one of us here NOW.

Nuff said.

------------------
Old 08-24-2001, 12:37 PM   #42
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Ahhh...the memories. I admit, I've been away for a while, but I really like the atmosphere of the new board. Back then, you could really offend people, completely unintentionally, just because of some of the role playing that was going on at the time. While, in some ways, the role playing was fun, in many ways, there were hard feelings, and sometimes, harsher words as well. Anyway, the old times were fun, but they were different from the new board. Both good, in their own way...
...Though, I loved the Jerome, the Paladin/Jerome the Fallen Paladin Saga!!!

------------------
Guitars, women, beer...what more can a man ask for?
I AM the bard eternal
Old 08-24-2001, 12:43 PM   #43
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

However, I also am convinced that those posts were NOT what I was referring to. I am talking about posts made back in November and December in which people were asking for valid advice and getting "flamed" for it. Something like "I have Nalia in my party, what spells are best for her?" and someone coming back with "You &^$*$ retard, what did you want to take that *$#&@F b***h in your party in the first place?" Don't quote me on that, since it's been a while since I've seen these posts, but that's what I'm referring to. There was certainly no roleplaying in that! I've seen less inflammatory posts on the USENET!

THAT's what I meant by the forum being a lot more friendly. You don't see those nasty posts anymore. I don't think your posts among each other (like the Evil Smiting one) were anything like that. Certainly not mean-spirited.

Cheers,

Saz, those posts were the work of 2 people - Nameless Flamer and He Of No Flame Worth Mentioning (Bagger and his stooge). They were around in December last year and caused a lot of problems in one week before they were banned.

Them aside, most of the "flaming" posts have been friendly ones, like Rikard vs. Wah or Rikard vs. Azreall or Rikard vs. Nazgul or Rikard vs. Jerome or Rikard vs....er....

------------------
Old 08-24-2001, 12:53 PM   #44
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Saz, those posts were the work of 2 people - Nameless Flamer and He Of No Flame Worth Mentioning (Bagger and his stooge). They were around in December last year and caused a lot of problems in one week before they were banned.

Them aside, most of the "flaming" posts have been friendly ones, like Rikard vs. Wah or Rikard vs. Azreall or Rikard vs. Nazgul or Rikard vs. Jerome or Rikard vs....er....

Or Rikard vs. Saz? (j/k)

Understood fully, Memnoch. Unfortunately, that is where most of the search results on a topic point to first, is to the December posts...which are riddled with the "Bagger"? stuff. It actually looked like the work of several people.

Believe me, I have no desire to dredge that up. But, unfortunately, for a newbie to the BG2 game that's looking for information (and therefore doing a search), the search engine does pull those up first in the list...I guess it goes by chronological order from earliest to latest.

------------------
Old 08-24-2001, 12:55 PM   #45
Ziroc

I think you're getting a wrong impression.. I was the only person 'modding' the forum at that time, and MAYBE Moggl too. But we were all friendly.. we did have the occasional 'idiot' but nothing like flamewars and such.. I quelled those RIGHT away.

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 08-24-2001, 12:57 PM   #46
Rikard

Mario you seen to forget a couple
Armiseal vs BB Armiseal vs OL
Jerome vs Tipsy
Jerome vs Wah
Jerome vs Asphyxiate
Jerome vs Armiseal
Jerome vs BaatoRyan (er no wait that was me again )
Jerome vs the rest of the wold

------------------

The Rocks show the way

Old 08-24-2001, 12:58 PM   #47
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I think you're getting a wrong impression.. I was the only person 'modding' the forum at that time, and MAYBE Moggl too. But we were all friendly.. we did have the occasional 'idiot' but nothing like flamewars and such.. I quelled those RIGHT away.

Moggl disappeared just before i arrived

------------------

The Rocks show the way

Old 08-24-2001, 01:01 PM   #48
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Mario you seen to forget a couple
Armiseal vs BB Armiseal vs OL
Jerome vs Tipsy
Jerome vs Wah
Jerome vs Asphyxiate
Jerome vs Armiseal
Jerome vs BaatoRyan (er no wait that was me again )
Jerome vs the rest of the wold

Looks like I missed out, not getting any farther into BG II than the first scenario! Sounds like it was a lot of fun when you all knew that you were playing.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 08-24-2001, 01:01 PM   #49
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Moggl disappeared just before i arrived
I really miss him.. I need to try and find his email address and just drop him an email..

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 08-24-2001, 01:17 PM   #50
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

When things got larger, Ziroc saw the vision that in order to create a truelly successful board where things got accomplished, he would need a set of guidelines and police to enforce them. Thus, Memnoch was born.

Memnoch was born in the second half of 2000 !? Boy, I have always thought that he was an impressively eloquent and wise fellow, but now I am learning that he is all of this, while still being nothing but a toddler: wow, that is truly a mind-boggling revelation !

I started lurking on the old board in mid-november of 2000 and all I can say is that I already found it to be a very friendly place back then.

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !