Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2003, 08:29 AM   #1
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

How do you you kill Klauth, the Red Dragon? Usually I hate killing dragons, but this is for metal Elf.
Help! Before it eats us all!

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 01:47 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

Spoilers
It that depends on the class of you and your henchman. You could try to kill the other dragon in the caves and trick Klauth into eating a bad sphere. That way, he'll have a lot less hitpoints for you to worry about. Basically you can beat him by getting lucky in combat, you'll have more chance at that if you are using a warrior class, or go for the spells.
I played a rogue and had trouble even dealing a single hitpoint of damage, and after I fed him the sphere Linu wasn't very helpful either. So, I reloaded and did not offer the dead dragon, and this time around the elven cleric considered Klauth enough of a threat to cast a harm spell on him. It worked, and he was down to something between 1 and 4 hitpoints. After that, one lucky blow ended the fight.
So what's your class? Bring a cleric? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 10:12 PM   #3
koconnor100
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragonshadow:
How do you you kill Klauth, the Red Dragon? Usually I hate killing dragons, but this is for metal Elf.
Help! Before it eats us all!
1...find the blue dragon and kill it. (yes, it does wake up when you start pounding on it, sorry...)

2...create the dead dragon sphere.

3...talk up Klauth like he was your best friend, give him the dead dragon sphere. This will badly weaken him.

4...Klauth is a Red Dragon. That is to say Fire Dragon. That is to say "If he's breathing fire, he's probably highly resistant to fire, maybe we should try cold based attacks on him?"

5...Cone of cold ! Cone of Cold ! Cone of Cold ! My 15th level wizard kicked his scaley butt !
Old 03-13-2003, 05:32 AM   #4
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

A bard with Linu. Dunno what level.

Old 03-13-2003, 05:48 AM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

Okay. In that case my advice would be resting just before you fight him, then not giving him the sphere. With a little luck, the harm spell will come Klauth's way shortly and work (it's the one with the red fog). If not, that means Linu's level is probably not high enough to cast it yet. In that case, kill the blue dragon and put it in the sphere, rest, and feed the sphere to Klauth. Linu's other spells, combined with your own, should be enough to take care of the beast. Try to go for as many non-fire and offensive spells as you can.
You may need a bit of luck here or there, but it certainly doesn't seem to be impossible.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 07:40 AM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

Nope. If you've managed to get to Klauth in first place (past all the Fire Giants) then you should be able to beat him. Good luck!

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 08:33 AM   #7
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Hopefully Metal Elf will understand this, as I don't, never having got past Luskan before!

Old 03-13-2003, 03:56 PM   #8
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I managed to beat him with a level 7 or 8 wizard. (Yes I know, I was very underlevelled through the game. Finished at level 14. hehehe)
Just gave him the bad dragon sphere then caned him with a power word kill scroll [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Beaumanoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 08:32 AM   #9
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Wow. My druid's at Luskan, and is Level 17...

Old 03-19-2003, 08:27 AM   #10
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Thanks for the help guys.
I think Metal Elf has killed it.
[img]graemlins/1drgat1.gif[/img]