Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2002, 07:24 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Spoilers

>
<

<

>

<<

Ok ok...so my character's name is Alassra....but she is still being WHOMPED to death by a bloated dire spider in the warehouse in the Beggar's Nest district.

HOW THE HEY-HO-HECK do I get by or THROUGH that disgusting thing? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Linu has been killed at least twice and I've pre-deceased her a few times more! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Can someone help this damsel in dire bloated spider distress?
Old 10-14-2002, 09:22 PM   #2
Encard
Quintesson

*winceTron* I hated that thing... the only way I managed to kill it was more or less just beating on it until Linu died and my character was at very low HP, the using the stone of recall, getting healed, and returning. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Not that elegant, but I couldn't think of anything elseTron... then again, what sort of character are you playing? I had a fighter, so my options were a bit limitted, but... *shrugTron*
Encard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 09:24 PM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Easy, Cloudy. Put on the Belt of Encircling Scale, dump Linu, and go back and get Daelan. You can go back and get her when you are through. Or cast "Summon Attalus" (my 20th level Pally with Gram the Sword of Grief)
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 09:36 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I'm playing a 4th level bard at the moment. She's got a +1 club or a flail and crossbow ...not much to wail on that beastie with! She keeps getting poisoned and killed! Hmmmm....not a bad idea "summons Attalus" LOL

I may swap for a fighter then go get Linu or Tomi again...can't open alot of the chests, either! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2002, 10:00 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Try using summoned monsters. A 4th lvl bard should be able to cast at least 2 1st lvl spells - hopefully you did take monster summoning 1. Using a summoned monster, a henchman and staying at range should protect you for a while. If that fails, then use the "stone of recall" cheese. Problem is that multiple returns can eat into your cash significantly.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 11:49 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I'll try that again, Micah, but my poor badger (then the boar) got hammered hard and we still all died the one time I did it! YIKES....fist time I've felt STUCK in this game so far!
Old 10-15-2002, 12:10 PM   #7
Ragdoll
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can you get the Monk henchman yet? I forget his name. He's a tough little bugger. I used him for 3 of the areas in chapt 1 and didn't have much problem with them. Then again, I'm playing a barbarian which helps.
Ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 12:17 PM   #8
magnetism
Manshoon

that bloated dire spider in in the docks correct... you are in over your head for lvl 4 go finnish a differnt area. Then go back.

By going out of sequence you loose exp and take a lots of extra time.

Yes of course it can be done but at what cost. At least finnish the jail and beggers nest the do docks.
Old 10-15-2002, 12:32 PM   #9
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Cloudy, I did BN last, and didn't have any problem, but I'm a fighter. I would have to agree that picking up the barbarian half-orc or the monk is your best bet. If neither of those work, mark it and come back later.

Also remember, when you pick up NPCs that you haven't carried for awhile/never, make sure talk to them. After you ask them to rejoin the dialog ends, but speak to them again, because they may be ready to level up. I took the barbarian with me once when I thought I'd need some backup, and was amazed at how quickly he died. Only later did I figure out, he was about 3 levels behind me

[ 10-15-2002, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 10-15-2002, 12:54 PM   #10
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

IIRC, I eventually defeated him by setting a few traps in his way before opening the door and using barkskin and bless on my char. Even so, my henchman (Tomi) usually died and it took a few relaods to beat the nasty arachnid

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote