Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-28-2001, 01:56 AM   #1
Shangoman
Dungeon Master

Here's the deal. I am a fighter/mage, I was chaotic good. I loaded my final save from SoA and continued into ToB. I didn't check my alignment after ToB started, but I am still Chaotic Good in my Final Save for SoA. I was in that Library dude's shop in Saradush and notice the robe of good archmage was not usable by my character. So I checked my alignment and it is neutral evil.

I had the oracle dude bring everyone to the pocket they joined my party, I raided their stuff plus you get XP for teleporting each NPC. I also had SaravoK join and did the same to him.

I wanted to know if anyone else has noticed the alignment change? Is this part of the story? Or, some weird punishment for Saravok joining party? Or, for robbing my "friend" blind? I can't say I care for being evil. Also, I wracked the IL Khan Barracks then the Priest got nasty with me. Did that change occur because these actions were not consistent with my alignment of chaotic good? I did not lose any reputation points. What gives, I hope it's part of the story. I don't really want to start over.
Shangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 08:12 PM   #2
Gimmick
Dungeon Master

In BG2, right before the final battle with Irenicus, you must go through a bunch of tests to obtain the tears of Bhaal. In the blackrazor test, if you killed the guardian instead of giving him the sword, your alignment is changed to evil. That's probably what happened to you.
Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 01:46 AM   #3
dirkduck169
Elite Waterdeep Guard

actually, I think its if you choose the 'evil' way to deal with any of the tests. There is a 'good' way and an 'evil' way to do each of them
dirkduck169 is offline   Reply With Quote