Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-03-2002, 11:10 AM   #1
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

... LotR fans (I fit in all three categories! ). I was browsing the Net and came across this site. It is dedicated to the study of Tolkien's invented languages (most notably Quenya and Sindarin), with several Quenya poems written after Tolkien's death, discussions on various languages of Middleearth and - a Quenya course. So, if anyone here counts themselves into one (or all) of these three categories, you can download the course and teach yourself a new language (it's relatively simple and doesn't take as long to learn as most of our current languages, "weeks or even days rather than months" as the author of the course puts it). Anyone interested, bored or crazy enough to try?
Old 02-03-2002, 11:17 AM   #2
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think I've got a good combination of extrememly bored, crazy, and I love Tolkiens work, I'll give it a try.
Old 02-03-2002, 11:49 AM   #3
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Hay sounds almost like how they turned klinong(sp?) from star treck into a real language lol [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2002, 02:17 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Kaz - I have a book on it
It's called A Guide To The Languages of tolkien's Middle Earth and it covers Quenya, the Black Speech, Sindarin, Dwarven etc etc
Very cool!
Old 02-03-2002, 02:23 PM   #5
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

[img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]
Where did you find that book Mel, that sounds absolutely kickass!!
Must buy book of Tolkiens languages!!!!!