Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2001, 10:17 AM   #11
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Oh, Two Fitty. I should know better than to respond to one of your deep topics. I usually miss the point entrirely.

I know of Koinonia, Agape, and Eros. I've experienced all three types of love. I still go with the idea of love as is evidenced in I Corinthians 13. I won't quote it here because of it being a public forum. My idea of love is still governed by what I've been taught and what I've experienced.

Once again, I live in a world of perceptions. So, I'll say that your perception of "true love" is different than mine. I am so tempted to start quoting from a Petra song now. Hmm...
Old 11-06-2001, 10:34 AM   #12
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote away, Hiram. If you don't, I may.

BTW: which Petra song?
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-06-2001, 10:44 AM   #13
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Quote away, Hiram. If you don't, I may.

BTW: which Petra song?

I can barely remember the words (am wallowing in my carnality over here.)

"Love is patient
Love is kind
no eyes of envy
true love is blind"
Old 11-06-2001, 01:49 PM   #14
Moni

quote:
Originally posted by DM of FAoIW:
Moni

sorry for the misunderstanding

by oneself, I mean

say, I love Gina. I love herself, her person, instead of how smart or pretty she is

Hey not a problem!
Someone out there needs the words or I would not have felt compelled to write them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You asked how can we love someone in particular and what makes them so special?
It could be an infinite number of things and honestly, I believe only your soul knows the truth when you can't figure it out for yourself.
Not the answer you were looking for, I know, but I believe that we learn as we go along (and through more than one life it it takes more than one for us to understand it all and get it right).
Don't deny your love for her. Even if it is not reciprocated in the manner that you desire. The fact that you feel it in your heart means a lot and your soul will answer your questions in time.
Don't stress on iteither! Breathe it in and let it give you the positive energy that feeling it holds.
[img]smile.gif[/img]
*hugs*

Old 11-06-2001, 03:38 PM   #15
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

Don't deny your love for her. Even if it is not reciprocated in the manner that you desire. The fact that you feel it in your heart means a lot and your soul will answer your questions in time.
Don't stress on iteither! Breathe it in and let it give you the positive energy that feeling it holds.
[img]smile.gif[/img]
*hugs*

thanks, Moni, that means a lot. **hugs**