Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2003, 07:37 AM   #1
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

SPOILERS
Right, I am about to go and kill Morag the lizard thing, and I have a level 20 druid, 19 wisdom, a dire wolf level 20-30 something, Linu, and can summon elemntals.
I tried this battle twice already, and Morag was hiding behind a row of spikes and there was a statue casting spells at me, it seemed. There were more lizards keeping Morag's defences up, and you couldn't hurt them. There were spider web cacoons that had lizards coming out of them, and Kytor the wolf died first, then Linu, then my druid went, and the elemental was unsummonded. Plus you cannot respawn here.
Where am I going wrong?
I need help fast, otherwise I might give up and go do something else.
PS Sorry if this has been posted before.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 08:32 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

HINT: Kill the statues first.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:34 AM   #3
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I don't seem to be able to.
Mulitiple lightning spells have no effect.
Plus Kytor dies after 5 seconds, Linu after 15, me after 30 max. Elemental unsummonded.
Game ended.
Buggerit.

Old 04-02-2003, 06:34 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You only need to destroy ONE statue - whichever is most closely attuned to your primary attack type. Destroying that statue will remove the protection it provides and allow attacks of THAT type (piercing, slashing, bludgeoning or various spell types) to actually damage Morag.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 03:01 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

What exactly kills you so quickly then? Melee? Magic?

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 04:28 AM   #6
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Magic busts me up. I think a death spell goes off somewhere too.
Where are these statues?
I can only see one of a gargoyle.
And what are primary attacks?

Old 04-03-2003, 08:15 AM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

FINAL BATTLE SPOILERS:
What will happen is the following:

After speaking with Morag, she will flee behind a blade barrier. From the coccoons (actually eggsacks) will come warriors (one at a time unless you hasten the process by bashing the others too), and they are going to attack. Morag will also occasionally sally forth from behind the barrier to attack you with spells. You cannot harm Morag, although you can kill the other warriors. If you can survive long enough, it's probably best to take these out first (perhaps lure them farther down the cave so you can attack them in a safer environment). Otherwise, you want to act somewhat more quickly.

There is a statue in front of the barrier, resembling a gargoyle. Bash this one. You need to do more than 15 hps of damage to it before it gets hurt, and even then it has 75 hitpoints.

Once the statue is destroyed, the blade barrier will disappear and you can attack the meditating lizards behind it. Each can only be harmed by one type of damage (fire, lightning, cold, poison, blunt weapons, piercing weapons, slashing weapons and other magic), which will be hinted at by their names. Destroying the Protector against Flame with a fireball will let you hurt Morag with fire damage. If you kill the Protector against Swords too, with a sword or other slashing weapon, you can hurt Morag with fire damage and/or slashing damage.
If you are not able to survive very long, you need to destroy the statue as soon as possible, kill the protector which prevents you from using your best attacks on Morag (if you have lots of firespells memorised, kill the Flame guy, if you are a fighter with piercing weapons, kill the Spear protector) and concentrate on slaying Morag. You do not have to kill everyone, Morag is the only one you need dead.
So you only need to destroy three objects, the only trouble is the lizardfolk aren't going to wait for you to complete the task.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:39 AM   #8
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Yeah, but the lizard warriors bash up my familiar, henchman, and you can't sleep down there, so I useed up all of my protection spells earlier in the game, and now I am busted up good.