Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-10-2004, 09:12 AM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

So do they or is it just in your head? My friends says that he is the best becuase he has Adidas. I have both (Nike and Adidas) and I am pretty good with both of them.
So I say that is all in your head!

What do you think?

[ 02-10-2004, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 02-10-2004, 09:15 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I think it's in your head. There are some differences in fit and feel, but those are secondary.

Unless, of course, I'm being paid to sponsor one pair or the other. In that case, they absolutely do make a difference. And they make more of a difference if you buy our socks, too...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:25 AM   #3
ryaldin
Elminster

For me, it's imperative that they match my socks, shinguards, shorts, and at least the trim on my jersey. That's why I HAD to get the Diadora's, made of kangaroo. I mean, frankly, Genuine Kangaroo leather has style written all over it. And I've never even seen a Kangaroo (well, maybe once in the phoneix zoo, but it wasn't a very good angle, and the lighting was a bit poor...)
Old 02-10-2004, 11:00 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Some shoes are better than others, but it shouldn't be of influence on your game. If you suck, you suck, there's no shoe that's gonna change that.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:16 PM   #5
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

I suppose you found that out pretty quickly Johnny!
Old 02-10-2004, 05:18 PM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Well soccer shoes certainly affect the game I play - I play golf . If I wore soccer shoes those studs would make large dents in the green and sure make it harder for me to sink any putts .
Old 02-10-2004, 06:06 PM   #7
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Football boots do affect the game you play quite a lot I think - but it's like most things - once you get up to a certain quality level, any further improvement is going to make little or no difference in the way you play.
Badminton is my main sport. Now if you play with a Ł10 racket and then a Ł40 racket the difference is huge but you won't notice that much difference between the Ł40 racket and a Ł120 racket.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 02-10-2004, 09:55 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Different football shoes DO affect how you play. 13 stud shoes are good for rigorous training while 7 stud shoes are good for actual football match. Long stud shoes are good for short passing, shooting the ball straight but quite hard for crossing the ball. Short studs shoes are good for crossing the ball and curving the ball while shooting. Also depends on the weather, long stud shoes are good when it's raining and when the ground is muddy. short stud shoes are good when the ground is hard.

Apart from that, the shoe thickness is also very important, for people who have " soft " leg. they need to wear hard football shoes while those that have " tough " leg can wear soft football shoes.

hmm...need I to continue further?
Old 02-11-2004, 04:40 AM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Different football shoes DO affect how you play. 13 stud shoes are good for rigorous training while 7 stud shoes are good for actual football match. Long stud shoes are good for short passing, shooting the ball straight but quite hard for crossing the ball. Short studs shoes are good for crossing the ball and curving the ball while shooting. Also depends on the weather, long stud shoes are good when it's raining and when the ground is muddy. short stud shoes are good when the ground is hard.

Apart from that, the shoe thickness is also very important, for people who have " soft " leg. they need to wear hard football shoes while those that have " tough " leg can wear soft football shoes.

hmm...need I to continue further?
You seem to forget that some of the worlds best players are from brazil, and didn't even have money to buy shoes. They've learned how to play the game barefooted. Same goes for most of the Nigerian players. Wearing shoes will probably mean less painful toes to them, but that's about it, it defenitely doesn't enhance your skills, your speed, or your technical abilities. Either you are born with the talent to play this game, or you're not. Putting on comfy or expensive shoes will NOT give you that little extra to make it to the pros, that's all in your feet. There is no such thing as a shoe+5.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:57 AM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Maybe but certain technique like " screwing the ball " ( sorry I don't really know how to describe it ) can't be done unless you wear a football shoes.