Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-07-2001, 02:27 AM   #1
Rikard

I dunno if you all have notest
But America has chosen Bush jr to be their president
And i dunno if you have notest this
But he's a complete moron
Somehow he thinks it's needed to send Spyplanes to China
And when one of them crashes to a chinese plane and thus killing the chinees pilot
He doesn't seem to know he has actually murdered someone Again
A couple of years ago Russia send spyplanes to America
America took them out of the air and disabled the planes
sending the parts back in small boxes to moskow
But if China does this America will try to start the WWIII

Any opinions on this one??

------------------

All Hail the Seventh house Sorcerer
Master Magician of Necromancy
Prince Rikard T'Aranaxz of Natri'x
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF
Ramanish of Neathan'Calith
High Priest and son of the Eternal Phoenix
Shadowlord of the Silver Shield
Baron of Yusliks
Duke of Gerdran
Duke of Tralixz
Lord and General of the Army of the West

AND!!!
Laughing Hyena!!!

Old 04-07-2001, 02:42 AM   #2
Rikard

250 i know you are here
And i know you have an opinion about this

------------------

Baron of Yusliks
Duke of Gerdran
Duke of Tralixz

AND!!!
Laughing Hyena!!!

Old 04-07-2001, 02:53 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I really dont know what to say. to say a president is a moron is like a street talk rather for the sake of amusement than any importance.
what kind opinion you want to hear? I mean, i dont quite understand the post. if it is about Bush as a moron, then it is no importance to me. if it is about Chinese-American relation, then i might post something
Old 04-07-2001, 02:57 AM   #4
Rikard

About the chinees American relationship
And the Deep intrust between those 2 countries
Is it justified?
BTW
You Nice Link in your sig.

------------------

Baron of Yusliks
Duke of Gerdran
Duke of Tralixz

AND!!!
Laughing Hyena!!!

Old 04-07-2001, 07:39 AM   #5
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Rikard,

Not to get too political but I believe, for most Americans, the primary concern is for the US Servicemen currently being held. Both the Chinese pilot (I had not heard he had been killed) and the US crew involved in this "incident" are professionals used to taking calculated risks and well aware of the consequences should something go wrong. That being said, it is understandable that there would be tension and anxiety, not to mention a strain in relations. Were the positions reversed, I am sure the feelings would be the same in China.

I would prefer not to get into an idealogical debate. We must remember that there is, in most cases, a significant difference between governments and the *P*E*O*P*L*E* they represent. I hope this situation can be resolved without anyone else being hurt.

By the way, in my opinion, you are right about Bush. As 250 said, Bush's intelligence, or lack thereof, is not an issue at this point. Fortunately, both sides have career diplomats who will, hopefully, be able to clean this mess up soon.

------------------
- for cut rate prices call 976-BRIS-FOR-LESS {Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...}
Old 04-07-2001, 07:53 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

well said idiotrogue!!
they both willing to take calculated risks, then the ones dead died of his own choice, nothing to be excited about. I personally seen so much or so little of america, and american people. I think the "intrust" from both sides are mis-led.

After all, american people are people while chinese people are people. they are so many good people in america while they are so many in china. it is just simply two sides of the coin, and both governments tend to display the bad sides historically for the sake of "national gains"

should there comes a day when both people of china and people of america understand each other, talk to each other. then both will be benefited
Old 04-07-2001, 08:07 AM   #7
Epona
Zartan

I never view the actions of any government to be representative of all the people of a country. I would hate anyone to think that everything Tony Blair did was 100% supported by everyone in Britain, so therefore I don't assume that of any other country. - and Rikard, I agree with you about Bush. I hope this situation is resolved peacefully but I wonder if Bush isn't 'spoiling for a fight' by sending spyplanes in the first place - he does not have the most peaceful agenda. Just my opinion.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Old 04-07-2001, 08:16 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

this situtation will DEFINATELY resolve in peace
China cannot afford a fight. in china, numerous nations are potentially hostile. Philipine patrols just shot two chinese fishmen to death last month. Indonisa navy pratice their combats at south china sea, indicating that should china make a move (refers to southern china sea islands) they will not back off. Vianam just invaded one of the chinese pisols and claimed ownership. Japnese right wings cheat the history and disclaimed any crimes the past japanese government had commited. and at last, China and Taiwan are experiencing a great tension.

philine has american back up, the later planned to build US army base at the formal's land. India's navy has american supposrt while Taiwan, for sure, sides with america. I am sure Japanese government are LOOKING for war. they cannot start one, but they will benefit a great deal from it. why?

Japanese are not allowed to have their own army but small amount of defense after the second world war. the rules still apply to morden japan. should any tiny combat happen in asia, they will use the chance to form a formidable defense... and the rest is unknown to me.

China cannot win this fight should it comes to war. the only chance is peace, and speed up its own economy so that it can have a future. I believe chinese government knows about it, since they hadn't answered any of those threat with armies. let us hope for peace

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 04-07-2001).]
Old 04-07-2001, 08:19 AM   #9
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

I agree, 250. Neither side can claim innocence or justification in this matter.

I was in college/university at the time the Iranian "students" siezed the US Embassy in Terheran (sp?). There was an Iranian kid in my dorm who caught hell from just about everyone but me and a few others. This guy was thousands of miles from home and family and scared to death that a bunch of us Americans were going to take him hostage.

Anyhow, this poor kid did hate the Shah and with good reason - his father was a newspaper editor who printed some stories which displeased the Shah. The kid's father went to work one day and never came home. He also resented the way in which the American intelligence and military organizations had not only put the Shah in power but helped keep him there for over twenty years. The kid did not, however have anything against the American people, did not agree with the Embassy seizure and was scared to death of what Khomeni and his zealots would do to his country.

Poor guy wound up leaving school and going back to Iran to be with his mother. A Syrian girl, who also lived in the dorm, kept in touch with him for a while. She stopped getting replies when war between Iran and Iraq started.

Damned shame *P*E*O*P*L*E* can't resolve these disputes instead of governments...

------------------
- for cut rate prices call 976-BRIS-FOR-LESS {Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...}
Old 04-07-2001, 08:31 AM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

this is the second time US murdered chinese, the first time was when Clinton bombed chinese ambassy...

man, i can image there must be a big uproar in china right now, people with selfish "national pride" walk on the street holding anit-american slogans, burning american flags, jamming US-ambassy... sigh... while the most thing they should do is to direct their energy at working up the economy so that china man like me can spam the forum while the rest of you tremble in fear