Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2001, 07:18 AM   #41
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Slightly diverging the thread, do any of you guys paint models and things (the kit type, and alas not the Cindy Crawford type)

I have some great aircraft painted up in 1/300 scale plus a few I've built from balsa wood. Don't really have a good way to show these off. If only I could afford a digital camera.

I used too, have a few ones left, had some Warhammer 40K moseld, ans now I have some character miniatures.. To help with fights and such....

You have a normal camera? Take a photo and send them to aomeone with a scanner and someone will scan them fot you. I have that sp if you want you could send them to me, or you can hire a digital camera and go to printshop and have them printed out as well as saved on a disc..

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 04-05-2001, 07:21 AM   #42
Sir_Tainly

Yeah but my camera only uses very expensive film APS stuff, and besides it doesn't take good close ups. I have a scanner of my own, thanks Wolfie. These planes are 1/300 so a WW2 fighter plane is about 5cm long, so you need to be up real close.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 04-05-2001, 07:31 AM   #43
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Yeah but my camera only uses very expensive film APS stuff, and besides it doesn't take good close ups. I have a scanner of my own, thanks Wolfie. These planes are 1/300 so a WW2 fighter plane is about 5cm long, so you need to be up real close.

Hmm, I see your dilemma. Do you know anyone with a good camera or digital one?? Well of course you don´t (smacks head to the table *dunk* dunk*) Damn these days of workload..

------------------

Old 04-05-2001, 07:46 AM   #44
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I was a WH40K player myself in my younger days...
Collected Eldar, and had a pretty good army.
I didn't really paint with any style, until I stopped playing, and I only really concentrated hard on about 2 miniatures, which IMO looked pretty good.

Other than that, I have made a bit of a model, like a sort of forest scene. I actually got the full kit, like tree's and stuff, and it looks pretty good, all I need now is some decent model elves or something to put in it.

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF
Old 04-05-2001, 08:00 AM   #45
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by sylent:
I was a WH40K player myself in my younger days...
Collected Eldar, and had a pretty good army.
I didn't really paint with any style, until I stopped playing, and I only really concentrated hard on about 2 miniatures, which IMO looked pretty good.

Other than that, I have made a bit of a model, like a sort of forest scene. I actually got the full kit, like tree's and stuff, and it looks pretty good, all I need now is some decent model elves or something to put in it.

Hmm, I got a nice scenario in my head..
A little creak, Bonzai trees to add to the real thing and real grass.. Some elves attacking an orc warband.. Could be nice, espacially if you make the wateer right, that could lead to some great photos taken during differnt times of day/night, and the Bonzai trees will fall some leaves natural and ll that.. Hmmm..

Ah, i watn a dead orc in the creak too, full of arrows in his back!

------------------

Old 04-05-2001, 08:04 AM   #46
dafan

anyone of you who can write a paladin fighting a huge dragon with a pencil???
that would be awsome

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light
Old 04-05-2001, 08:16 AM   #47
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Thats sorta what I wanted to do, have a bit of a fight scene in my forest scape. That was my plan, but that doesn't tend to mean much, ie, what I plan and what I do.

I have visited places like what I imagine when I am playing an RPG or something, and its really weird, kinda the closest thing I get to some kind of magik. (Damn that sounds really corny!)

------------------

Master Thief of the OHF
Old 04-06-2001, 02:50 AM   #48
sylent
Emerald Dragon

BUMP...
Anyone else got anything to post?

------------------

Master Thief of the OHF
Old 04-10-2001, 10:50 PM   #49
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I have just finished touching up this little picture of mine.
It's pretty big, but if it was smaller, the detail would be lost...

This thing has been a real big job for me.
Firstly I started drawing it about a year ago. With much enthusiasm, I drew for about a day, and left it for a long-long time. Just recently I decided to pick it up, and have another go, and Wa-la.
I scanned it in, and lightened, and darkened it in the right parts.
Anyway... just wanted to get this on somehow, and couldn't think of a better thread.

------------------

Master Thief of the OHF
Old 04-10-2001, 11:08 PM   #50
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

...and here's the other...