Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 11-04-2001, 02:46 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Prologue:

The cool night had befell the forest. Early fall wind had breathed its gentle touch into the lives of the inhabitants. The sky was clear, dozing with shinning stars. A half full moon hanging across the western sky, sheding its light selflessly to the night campers.

The camp fire burnt bright, men just finished eating and drinking. They shared a good laugh together before they called it a day. Good meal and mead had given pleasent sensations to the campers. Wagons tied together, and were securely positioned, far from the dry grass and trees. The camp was filled with a quiet feeling of peace and content, with occasional laughters break between the men that were still awake.

A loud laughter echoed through the camp. Men were still joking and laughing, paid no second thought to the laughter. The laughter though, did not stop. It continued to resound. It was a mocking sound, low and dry, it echoed and echoed, bouncing off within the camps. Like a distance thunder, the laughter continued for minutes. The campers stopped drinking and talking, some of them stood up, with weapons cluntched tightly in their hands.

The laughter stopped. Looking about nervously, a man spoted a tall, muscled figure walking into the camp, just stop before the range of campfire. Curious, the man stepped nearer to the stranger. Then his face was screwed up with confusion, then...

The bonechilling scream of the man could be heard miles away. clouds hanging low, blocked the moon and stars. The campfire died, darkness had befell the camp

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: DM of FAoIW ]

250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001, 02:47 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

To Legalos:

The westgate of Goriffen Dale had stood for hundred of years. The massive walls were built with gigantic stones were thick and solid. The walls alone had held the invading army of the barbarians of the Giants Plains and the orcish army of the northern land. Not even the most malicious coast pirates had managed to break through the city wall, however, it was torn down in a single night when caught in the deadly path of a strange hurricane. The mythterious wind had blown apart the huge walls, and ran diretly into the city. The wind also destroyed the Statue of the Imperial Emporer, the symble of Goriffen Dale. It left where used to stand the commanding and inspiring status of his Majestic with only pieces of broken rocks and metals.

There were many people about when you arrived the city's westgate. People, mostly gnome engineers, and workers of all races were busy constructing a new wall. Noises, shoutings, horse neighing, man calling each others, all kinds of sounds merged together, and the morning seem to come to life by the enthusiasm floating in the air.

You moved cautiously below the constructions, picking your way through the working crowd. Couple Crown Guard soldiers greeted you with warm smiles:" Lathander guides your way, fellow traveller." You were to meet the dwarf and the halfling here, by the first hour of dawn. You arrived early, so you waited outside the city wall patiently, and enjoyed the sightseeing of the wild landscapes.

This quest you are about to parttake is just like any other journeys you made in the past, however, some piece is missing in the puzzle. Your employers obviously did not tell you the whole story. You lost in thought...
Old 11-04-2001, 02:49 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Legalos's reply:
quote:

Standing amidst the short gnomish workers, Legolas can't help but think back of the days he spent in the halfling village of Blueyeast. He remembered how dozens of goblins stormed the place, accompanied by a pack of worgs. He remembered Kain, a noble human warrior and a close friend. Kain was a monster in close combat, wielding his longsword 'Whitestroke' and his dagger 'Poke' at the same time. With the help of the Halflings, of whom only about a score remained after the hasty evacuation, they managed to barricade the southern entrypass. His bow, twenty slings, Poke and Whitestroke inflicted terrible casualties on the goblins, but then the Worgs came from the east.
They were forced to abandon the defences to the goblins and retreat into the village. His dagger had served him well there, and the halflings proved to be better fighters than he'd imagined. Nonetheless, they were greatly outnumbered. In desperation, Kain fought himself a way foward and found the leader of the goblin tribe. He cut him down easily, but with an exposed back and surrounded by goblins he was an easy prey. Yet the village was saved when the goblins started their retreat. If Legolas weren't an elf, he'd still be wondering if he shouldn't have helped his friend, covered his back. But he was, and knew that regretting the past cannot change it. But there was no harm in remembering.

The sun was now just over the horizon, but there was still no sign of the others. He wondered if the dwarf and the halfling managed to employ more adventurers.

Sniffy asked for Legolas' attention. He petted his pseudo-dragon and gave it a piece of cooked meat. It'd have to change to dried meat again only too soon.

Old 11-04-2001, 02:50 AM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

To Legalos the Archer

As you stood outside the massive walls, you felt once again back to natural. The greenwoods, grass, flowers, forest beings had reminded you once again, the old times. You always appreciated natural, more than anyone else you knew of. The sense of inner peace and content it brings you transformed into a beautiful lyrics that had played in your mind over decades,

...it played on top of Kain's grave, it played as the life of your loved ones slipped away in your hands, it played as you watched your friends left you one after another, it played when ...

The Sun
The Splendid eye
Of all our heavens
Dives from the day,
And Leaves
The dozing sky,
Spangled with fireflies,
Deepening in gray.
Now Sleep,
Our oldest friend,
Lulls in the trees
And calls Us in.
The Leaves
Give off cold fire,
They blaze into ash
At the end of the year.
And birds
Coast on the winds,
And wheel to the North
When Autumn ends.
The day grows dark,
The seasons bare,
But we
Await the sun's
Green fire upon
The Trees.
The wind
Dives through the days.
By season, by moon
Great kingdoms arise.
The breath
Of firefly, of bird,
Of trees, of mankind
Fades in a word.
Now Sleep,
Our oldest friend,
Lulls in the trees
And calls Us in.
The Age, The thousand lives
Of men and their stories
Go to their graves.
But we,
The people long In poem and glory
Fade from the song.

You felt the sting in your eyes, quickly, you blinked them rapidly. Looking about, you were glad no one had seen you.

Old 11-04-2001, 02:51 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Legalos' reply:

quote:

Images played throug Legolas' mind. They were images of friends, yet all were drenched in sadness. He stood motionless, staring out over the heads of passerbies, seemingly at nothing.

While Legolas was lost in thought, a pickpocket dressed in greys approaced and tried to take Legolas' smaller money pouch, which hung at his side, partially concealed by the dark-green cloak. The rouge stopped his efforts when he noticed a serpentile head peeking out from the Elf's backpack. Sniffy's eyes were blazing red in the sunlight, and the thief steggered away in a hurry. Sniffy's nostrils flared as the Pseudo-Dragon breathed a grey smoke in the pickpocket's general direction, doing no direct damage but nearly giving the poor man a heart-attack. Satisfied, Sniffy lowered himself again and curled up into a greenish ball of scales.

Old 11-04-2001, 02:53 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

To Lady Liliara:

You woke early this morning, despite you had little sleep the previous night. Not that the assasins had got on your nerve, you hardly cared. You had played this chase and hide game long enough to feel any excitement, except, whenever Drake was concerned, your heart'd always skip a beat. You woke up several times to check your dear stallion, to your surprise, Sir Denis had slept IN the stable. Even though you urged him to go back to his room, the young soldier had insisted that the air is much fresher for him in the open.
Somehow, you feel a familiar comfort when you look upon his white-grey-beard face. A rather rare feature for someone as young as him, but made him older in a strange way.

You sat on Drake, who walked diligently. You held loosely the golden reigns that hang on Drake's elegant head. The gentle morning breeze blushed your hair playfully. Looking around, 'The west sector is like this' you thought, 'so the tales about street wars are true'

As you approached the westgate, you saw Sir Denis on horse back. He had left early to report his duty this morning. Now he finished it, and was ready to come along with the party.

"Lathander smiles on you, my fair lady" he smiled, looking at Drake, he added "and on you too, my friend"

You replied with a warming smile: "Morning to you too, Sire"

Curiously, he asked: "How long have you two been with each other?" He motioned to Drake, "he seems to comply you in everyway."

Old 11-04-2001, 02:54 AM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Lady Liliara replied:

quote:

::Liliara feels her spirits lift at the company of the Sir Denis. Yes, she definately liked him. She wondered at his night spent in the barn. Sure he had said it was for the fresh air, but one could always open a window upon a soft bed. She was thankful nonetheless, and had finally found some sleep knowing he was keeping watch over Drak.::

Drak has been with me for about four years now. He was a gift from my dearest friend. ::She looks into the distance, remembering. She didn't feel she should hide anything from Sir Denis, but she also felt she shouldn't volunteer more than she was asked.::

Old 11-04-2001, 02:55 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

To Lady Liliara:

Sir Denis watched Lady Liliara with a close interest, then decided it was rude to stare, so he looked away before Liliara recovered from her memory. He didn't speak a word for a moment, knowing its best not to dig other's past. The sun shinned brightly on their faces, and noises can be heard from a distance.

They sat on their horses for a while, looking at the gate afar. Sir Denis broke silence

"I've heard quite a lot about Res and Vangard"

You replied with a quiet nod "What about them?"

Sir Denis smiled: "Very famous around the merchant district. I am not sure who they are working for, but they were well travled before they were hired. I've known them for years, by name only, of course."

After a moment, he added: "I haven't heard from them for a few months. They just returned last week, and was looking for adventurers like you till today."

He looked your dress and admintune sword admiringly: "You seem quite capable, and I guess you were trained formally? It is not an usual thing these days."
Old 11-04-2001, 02:56 AM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Lady Liliara replied:

quote:

::Liliara looked over at the soldier, taking in his handsome features and his look that spoke of age past his years. She was interested in Dres and his past of course, but right now, she wanted to know more about her companion.::
Tell me Sir Denis, tell me your story, what brings you to this group of adventurers? She smiles warmly at him, her eyes searching his face::

Old 11-04-2001, 02:58 AM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

To Lady Liliara:

"Me?" as if surprised by the question, the soldier stared at his companion confused "ohh, me...I... I don't know"

You did not talk, meaning to let him continue

After moments of thinking, Sir Denis breathed a frustrated sigh "I really don't know... I... all these years, I've been a great soldier. I obeyed commands, performed my duty with exllerncy, and advanced in my rank with amazing agilty (sp?) until..."

He put his hand on his sword, and griped it tightly. This subtle movement didn't slip from your caring eyes. He then said: "Until the street wars broke out five years ago... I've seen too much" He let out a long sigh

Once again, you both fall into silence

Few moment later, the soldier turned to you, and said
"It is almost time, shall we?"