Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-19-2001, 07:06 PM   #1
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

I really don't like playing with those NPC's like Minsc, Jaheira, Jan....ect. It's just to convient when you can create your own party, you'll have all that you need. Who's with me on this?? just wanna know.

------------------

Lady Menqel, Protector of IW's, smiter of evil

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
- Priest of Helm
- Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
- Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
- Magical advisor of MiLady Lioness
- Thanks to Sazerac for the great sig picture
Old 10-19-2001, 07:11 PM   #2
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I've tried it but you miss out on alot of quests unless your willing to lose most of your created characters. Also it tends to make the game too easy at the start. You only have 4 character at most when you escape the dungeon. I might try it for fun though.

Mage(Necromancer)
Paladin(Cavalier)
Thief
Cerlic of Lathanda
Sorcerer
Fighter

I might try that group. Good allignment of course
Old 10-19-2001, 07:17 PM   #3
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I tried it and it has its good poiunts and its bad points. you lose out on some of the quests , but you have a kick ass party. My last self made party was

A monk
A barbarian
An Assisin
and A jester

that left room to get NPC quests.When I was donedoing thoes quests I grabbed Viconia and Edwin for my cleric and mage and contiued on into TOB

------------------
I am human just like anyone else , when you cut me , do I not bleed, right before I beat you like you stole something from me you no good little @#$^*&(*!&*(^$!%@!(*^$@$#
Old 10-19-2001, 07:20 PM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

The new NPC in ToB has an ability that no other NPC or PC can ever gain, so I would leave one space open for a strong fighter in my group if I planned to bring it along.
Old 10-19-2001, 07:58 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

THat would seem fun,and awesome too. Just like icewind dale, only with better items and higher levels.
Old 10-19-2001, 09:33 PM   #6
JackOfClubs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I like creating a party with just a male and female character (Berserker and Sorceror currently) and semi-soloing through with just the two of them as if they were a married couple. Then I include NPCs just long enough to do their quests. This can get troublesome for some characters that have long-term quests like Jaheira, or for Aerie & Haer'Dalis who take awhile to get their romance rolling.

The advantage is you get loads of experience fairly quickly because you are dividing by 2-4 rather than 6. But you don't have the problem with soloing that some of the coolest items are unusable. Also, you get to experience most of the personalities in the game. (I blew it this time by putting off Edwin's quest until my rep was too high and he didn't want to join my party.)

[This message has been edited by JackOfClubs (edited 10-19-2001).]
Old 10-19-2001, 11:13 PM   #7
Synthos
Manshoon

I've been thinking about starting the game with many created characters.. but missing out on NPC quests is a problem.. If I did, though my party would be:
Monk (Insane at high levels)
Kensai (Insane at high levels)
Cleric of Lothander (*shrug*)
Sorcerer (Once again Insane at High Levels)
Swashbuckler/Bounty Hunter (For the Traps)
Archer (Absolutely insane at high levels)
I might put a paladin in there just for Carsomyr but that party would be truly fun to play at a high level..
Old 10-19-2001, 11:48 PM   #8
Davlar Wolfbeard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I playing with one of each, I find myself spending more time on my group because I don't have the other NPC's in the party trying to push on to the next chapter. I'm not sure which quest I'm going to miss out on but i've already completed several that I didn't do the first time. Seems more laid back and I want to see How powerful the characters I created can become by the end of the game and what items there are out there to pick up.
Old 10-20-2001, 02:06 AM   #9
Blackwolf
Dungeon Master

I have done this and in all honesty, you don`t miss that much.

You miss out on dialogoue, romances and character-specific quests (Anomen being knighted, Jaheira getting poisoned, etc), but other than that, it`s business as usual. Someone has said that you don`t get certain quests without having certain characters onboard (ie you must have Minsc to get the Trademeet quest), but this is incorrect. The game is well-structured enough to make sure you get them anyway.

I prefer a party I`ve made myself, because I enjoy trying out different character classes.
Old 10-20-2001, 05:35 AM   #10
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

I just started one in TDD.
Human Sorcerer
" Vampire Slayer
" Dragon Slayer
1/2 Elf Amazon
1/2 Orc Priest of Tybbach
Gnome Svirfneblin

Just finished marching straight out of the dungeon.