Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-14-2001, 11:13 AM   #21
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by deathknight:
Well I tend to lean towards romance with aerie but as a player in my party I really have to ask myself every single time I play why I keep here around. I mean Viconia and Anomen are way better clerics and can really handle the cleric duties alone. so having a full mage in place of her or some other class altogether is a better option I think. Multiclass characters have just gotten too annoying to me I suppose.
On a strictly utilitarian basis, I use her as a backup. She can't learn as many spells in each group, but she can learn basic ones (and so I give her only the most important ones I need). I play an entirely non-evil party so I didn't take along Viconia, or Edwin. So she's great as a support staff.

SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

The most hilarious thing in my game was during the final battle in the Planar Prison when she cast one last fireball and took out the Warden! I imagine all the characters carried her on their shoulders after that one. It was her best "kill" to date and sealed her worth in the group.

------------------
Old 08-14-2001, 11:14 AM   #22
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

How did you even come to think about that? IŽd never hurt her...

------------------
-UCANTZEECALIFORNIAWITHOUTMARLONBRANDOSEYEZ-
Old 08-14-2001, 11:46 AM   #23
Vampire

My Aerie's best kill is Saladex Red Dragon.
But I turned her into a Inquistitor Paladin!!!
She has dex of 22(or 23?) in the end with the cool stuff in ToB!
Old 08-14-2001, 01:19 PM   #24
Tuor
Elminster

Just had to spend 10 minutes in a dark room with my head wrapped in a damp towel.

Jaheira and Aerie are arguing (surprise, surprise). I'm at the 'I saw the way you keep looking at him stage'.

Must perserve........must persevere.......Arrrrrggggggggghhhhhh
Old 08-14-2001, 01:34 PM   #25
Vampire

Sticking two fingers down your throat helps?
No, Aerie is the prettiest!!!!

[This message has been edited by Avatar (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old 08-14-2001, 02:21 PM   #26
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

I think some of your guys are going a wee bit too far with this Aerie thing. I do like the romance factor that was writen with this caracter, although I must admit that I went too far and had to reload quite a few days before (and this might be a spoiler for some) as I did sleep with her and found out later that was a very bad idea. As far as I am concerned, I believe that she's a valuable asset, she's very strong, very little XP life and she never will get the best spells, heck she's a level 13 now and she still cannot throw 8 level spells. But she does what she does and that is a magic support role in my team which includes Valygar which I believe there isn't a stronger fighter out there then him. The rest are the usual, Minsc and Jaheira (her attitude leaves me somewhat cold) and Imoen, family ties kind of restric me of having a romantic time with her eventhough she is so darn sexy and that voice is...

Well... that's my take on this.
Old 08-14-2001, 07:51 PM   #27
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Waiiiitaminute! You think Imoen is sexy? She has more of a little girl than of a woman, which makes her not quite attractive to me. Go for Aerie - as I heard, you really get rewarded for treating her right(more info would be spoiler).

------------------
Old 08-14-2001, 08:00 PM   #28
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Oh come on!

Imoen is so sweet and innocent, something that would change quickly if she wasn't my sister

------------------
Old 08-14-2001, 08:08 PM   #29
Cleric 2
Manshoon

Aerie is far more inocent than Imoen, but I agree, Imoen is cute too

but still Aerie is my
Old 08-14-2001, 08:12 PM   #30
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

AERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIE RULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZA ERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIER ULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZ AERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIE RULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZA ERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIER ULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZ AERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIE RULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZA ERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIER ULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZ AERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZAERIERULZ*pant*...yes, she does.

------------------