Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 06:39 AM   #1
Shadow Walker
Welcomed New User

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!! Hello everyone...I'm new on this site and I need serious help. I bought and played this game on WindowsME, very successfully, killed Lord Cet several times. Now I have WindowsXPhome and can't get to first base. I've read all you have posted, downloaded the patches and Virtualdub, and have no idea where to go from here. Does anyone have the time and patience to help me kill Lord Cet again?
Shadow Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:10 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Short answer... yes.

Long answer... in the Tech Tips thread, we've tried to identify everything you need to do *AND* tried to put it out there in a human-readable format. Sooooo.....

1. What have you done already?

2. What haven't you done yet?

3. What specific problems are you running in to?

Let's start from there and see what happens [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Well, basically you need to use VirtualDub to load up all of the Avi files in the "townavi" directory and then "save as old avi format" them all. Next, back up all the existing avi files and rename the new ones to their names.

Aside from that, I'd suggest setting the shortcut to "Win95 compatability mode." That really ended a lot of crashes for me.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:59 AM   #5
Shadow Walker
Welcomed New User

I have downloaded the program, it confirmed download, running with compatibility wizard, works best with Windows 95. I am able to start, make characters, can't get out the gate to the cemetary or into town hall in Valeia, I'm able to exit left gate and am able to do battle, on a couple of occasions the screen turned funny colors and got the message DEEP 6 message at the bottom center of the screen, then it froze. I've tried to gather the specs on my computer. Windows XP home version 2002 SP2 5.1, build 2600. Processor; AMD Athlon(tm)XP 2200+, MMX, 3D now, ~1.8 Ghz. Memory; 992 MB RAM 219 mbused, 2170 mb available. System Mfg. Micro Star Int. Model KM400-8235. Direct X 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904). I have downloaded Virtualdub, patch;W&WGraphi, patch;wwfaqv01, patch;wwpatchV1_0, patch;ww-townavi, patch; wiz8patch20. I'm afraid I know just enough to be dangerous. Hope you can help.
Shadow Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:05 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Exiting from the left gate and the funny colors are signs that you need to use virtualdub on the .avi files. Follow the directions in the Tech Tips thread, being sure to save the original files and rename the new files to the original names.

That's step one...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote