Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2001, 12:42 PM   #1
Big Dave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

At Surugeon Castle, in the basement, I let that Vampire Lysandra bite my rogue's neck. It was the only way she would give me the evil element. Now my Rogue has the Vampire trait and is always dying due to bloodthirst. I get him resurrected but then he dies again because of bloodthirst. Is there any cure for vampirism?
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 01:05 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Nope...it's a pain in the neck.

Kidding aside, why didn't you just kill her? Or pickpocket her for the element? You may wish to reload and try one of those strategies.

Other than that, get ready to start biting. If you're running the patch, there IS an artifact, much later on, that you get from another vampire that will "cure" bloodthirst.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 01:07 PM   #3
Traute
The Magister

None but using a previous save, I'm sorry to say. You could have let your rogue pick her pockets to get the Tusk of Lust (a skill of 5 or 6 will do it), or you could have killed her. I've never had a vamp in my party, but if you want to continue playing your vampire rogue, you could conduct a search, there are lots of posts dealing with the topic. I guess you know that your rogue can heal him-/herself by biting critters, that is if he doesn't miss all the time.

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 03:05 PM   #4
Big Dave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had the game in protected mode and I didn't kill her because Ardeban said she wasn't really "evil". In hindsight I should have killed her right there and then. I did go back to finish the job but it's a little late now. My Rogue never learned how to pick pockets. He's adept at picking locks and fighting.

How do I get him to bite instead of fight? It's expensive getting him resurrected.
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 03:28 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Big Dave - equip something in your Vampire's "shield" spot - your rogues then should be able to bite attack!

Good luck!!!

(you can always override the "protected mode" by holding down the control key when you target someone/thing)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 03:30 PM   #6
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

A good rule of thumb is that if it as blood, you can bite it and regen from it. Here are a couple exemple:

-Worgul
-Spiders
-Ratling
-Rogues
-Samurai spirits (I still can't believe you can get blood from ghost but it works)
-Centaurs...

Hope this helps.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 04:48 PM   #7
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hey Big Dave! I had a vampire in my party. Instead of using a weapon, you must "click" to the "Vampire Bite" skill to bite your victims, like when you "use or give", the "bite" is in the same vicinity. Yes, you are still carrying a weapon in the proper euipment screen, but to bite, make certain your "bite" is up on the lower left screen instead of your weapon. The artifact that Saz mentioned helps a great deal with losing life, but can only be worn if you have the patch or your game will crash when you try to wear it. Also like Saz said, it is a "pain in the neck", but can be a real challenge at times. Hope this helps you if you keep your vampire.

Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote