Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Exclamation I knew it... EA Ruins new Sim City 'Reboot' Always online DRM down!

ALWAYS online connected.. even in single player.. no local saved games. city sizes are amazingly tiny.. glad I didn't get it.. what a joke.. Now EA is threatening people doing charge-backs saying they will ban your origin account..

AMAZING........

EA suits keep killing old franchises.. I still hate EA killing Bullfrog. and tons of other companies they bought and then closed. So evil...

All hell is breaking loose on the EA Sim City forums.. now they are deleting negative review posts and negative comments.. lol.. wow.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: I knew it... EA Ruins new Sim City 'Reboot' Always online DRM down!

Just gave me second thoughts on picking up Kingdoms of Amalur. Seems like a good game, but any company with policies that screwy doesn't deserve my money.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I feel sorry the the poor bastards that bought who bought this disaster. EA doesnt give a flying f*** about their customers. I've hated them for years.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I was thinking of buying it, but the always online DRM kinda make me reluctant. *cough* diablo 3 *cough*

Btw, EA is going to give people free game for anyone who bought and install this game by 18/3/2013. Damage control?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

I'm taking solace in Sim City 4 and it's immense community support. Sad what they did to the franchise with this new release.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Firestormalpha - Kingdoms of Amalur is a good game.. (On the PS3 I own it and it is HUGE.. and a great game). EA didn't poison it.. dunno about the PC version.

---

Chewy-- yeah, I reinstalled SC4, and all those mods (buildings, road shapes, models, and more).. Without the modding community, it'd have gone away..

I'm SURE since its online or whatever, they won't offer modding.. which means limiting you, the player... the dumbing down of gaming continues... bah.
In 10 years, will the new sim city be remembered? Nope. Because they shut down the servers in 2017.

I just hope the patch online DRM OUT. patch EA OUT (heh)go indie! add modding, and save themselves, or Maxis will be closed... even though the maxis there now isn't the maxis we remember.
If you like fun indie games, I got 'the cave' on the PS3 (on PC too), made by the guy that created Monkey Island and Loom!! Check some of the Youtube video of "The cave" out.. it's like an adventure game with puzzles and stuff..

Can't wait till Baldurs Gate TWO Enhanced is out... (Hope they can redo Icewind Dales too).

Old 03-10-2013, 05:46 AM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Read this article Firestorm -- its a 'one year ago, look back' at the Kingdoms of Amalur: reckoning.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/08/re...e-single-play/

Old 03-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: I knew it... EA Ruins new Sim City 'Reboot' Always online DRM down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
Can't wait till Baldurs Gate TWO Enhanced is out... (Hope they can redo Icewind Dales too).
BG2EE is already in the works but I do not think they have started working on the pre-production yet. I haven't checked the BGEE forums lately, having been distracted by Fallout: New Vegas, so I do not know the latest updates. I have never heard any talk of porting/converting IWD to an EE format but I am certain many people have asked for it. I wouldn't mind if they do as long as they incorporate HoW and ToTLM.

EA used to be a great company eons ago when they were still Electronic Arts, but we were so much older then and we are younger than that now. In short, just don't buy anything that EA produces. No matter how big the company might be they can screw their customers over only so much before they start suffering for it.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #9
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azred View Post
BG2EE is already in the works but I do not think they have started working on the pre-production yet. I haven't checked the BGEE forums lately, having been distracted by Fallout: New Vegas, so I do not know the latest updates. I have never heard any talk of porting/converting IWD to an EE format but I am certain many people have asked for it. I wouldn't mind if they do as long as they incorporate HoW and ToTLM.

EA used to be a great company eons ago when they were still Electronic Arts, but we were so much older then and we are younger than that now. In short, just don't buy anything that EA produces. No matter how big the company might be they can screw their customers over only so much before they start suffering for it.
EA screwed over a bunch of ME3 folks as well. ME3 requires an origin account. A bunch of folks who were upset over the endings bitched and moaned and EA banned their accounts and the gamers lost access to ME3.

After that episode, I seriously doubt that I will buy ANYTHING from EA again. I'm looking forward to The Witcher 3, Wasteland 2, and a couple of others but nothing from EA including Dragon Age Inquisition.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=5020

Just curious though - where was the uproar over this when Diablo III was released? no matter

https://www.change.org/petitions/ele...d-future-games

sign the petition and tell EA where to shove the always online drm

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783

Last edited by Micah Foehammer; 03-11-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote