Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2001, 07:51 PM   #11
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Im going to make a character that will be sooo good, that both Irenicus and Demogorgon couldn't leave a scratch on him or her (most likely to be HIM)

------------------
Will the real cheesy lich stop using timestop, stop using time stop, YEAH BABY!

Old 05-28-2001, 09:09 PM   #12
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Bravo Koz-ivan
Well thought out!
I'd actually think of putting up a tank against him with mind-protection (items or otherwise) and then pelting him with Lower Resistance and Malison and then with Arrows and Bullets.
I'd probably attach a cleric to the tank as well just for healing purposes, and another tank to deal with the summoned creatures. I'm thinking that since Thieves can't backstab things like that (never worked for me, but I'm not sure) so my thief will probably hang around planting traps and making a nuisance of himself.

------------------
Why?
Old 05-28-2001, 09:14 PM   #13
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Don't know enough of how they're going to implement him in the game...the new edition stats are really screwy. Go after him like a dragon, I guess. Tank and a sanctuaried cleric to distract him, the rest is up to the mages and ranged attack guys. Hope his tentacles don't have an effect like the dragon wing buffet...really screws up whatever strategy you have going.
Old 05-28-2001, 10:20 PM   #14
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Make a ranger that has a demon for a racial enemy = DemoGorgon is DEAD!

Make an archer that has proficiency in short bow; give him the tansherons bow +3, and you have a death machine (provided you have boots of speed)

------------------
Will the real cheesy lich stop using timestop, stop using time stop, YEAH BABY!

Old 05-28-2001, 11:11 PM   #15
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

OK, guys, you obviously misundertood me.

LOL

I don't need your help in my strategy. I want you to post how YOU plan on fighting Demogorgon.

This is a strat speculation thread. There are still a lot of unknown factors, but I thought this would give everyone a place to think aloud.

I pretty much already know what I'm going to do.

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil
Old 05-29-2001, 01:00 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
OK, guys, you obviously misundertood me.

LOL

I don't need your help in my strategy. I want you to post how YOU plan on fighting Demogorgon.
I would've thought that poor Perin would've needed all the help he could get. At least six, well four men to carry the coffin - Perin's not that heavy.

Seriously, look at YOUR party and how you would attack the Prince of Demons.

------------------
Old 05-29-2001, 01:02 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig:
Yeah i agree but my charectors 96(whoa thats BIG j/k) bakestab will kill it
And you'll backstab what? the back of his leg?

Don't think he can be backstabbed.

------------------
Old 05-29-2001, 01:08 AM   #18
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Hmmm.you could always hamstring him, yes?
Old 05-29-2001, 05:29 AM   #19
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I will be making liberal use of the running room and little corner and summon like mad to keep him from reaching characters.

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 05-29-2001, 06:01 AM   #20
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I belive it was Memnoch that said something about having items that would prevent mind control> CRUCIAL!!!! If I remember correctly the D%D manuals sais something about major demons/devils having psionics. Without having a character with psioncs its pretty much a non-fight. Over before it even begins really.

So Id think somekind of amulet (GREENSTONE????) to keep from getting mind blasted then lots of mage attacking spells. CLeric mostly just for heeling and Chant/Bless type pells and some strong Fighters with Flaming Vorpal weapons.
+5 soulsuckere would help lol. Either way Id have to thinkg that this Deomogorgon fell would have one heck of a lot of HP.

Other than that the tactics mentioned by Kov_Ivan should be sufficiant. My only question would be: Can this Demogorgon assume/seize control of skeletons ect., called by mages/clerics??

Knowing that would be a big help.

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!