Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2001, 12:48 PM   #41
Corinthian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

BTW, ppl
I was level 10 when I killed him.Sorry about that..I was level 9 when I ran into him the first time and died a couple of times.I went away and returned at level 10, more than anything else to see if I could do it.I went back and thought over the quests I had done(Nalias keep, Circus tent, Windspear hills and beholder dungeon???in the sewers).I hope this renders it more plausible-but it is the truth.
Also, my PCs stats were:
Strentgh:18/90
Dexterity:17
Constitution:19
Wisdom:11
Intelligence:10
Charisma:10.
Hope that clarifies matters.
Old 03-21-2001, 01:04 PM   #42
Corinthian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey 250,
good thing you are around at this time.
O.K as to your questions, again bear with me as it was a while back.
He, like any spell caster will find it difficult to cast when he is getting pounded.I dont think I allowed him to get the heal full spell(whatever) off.
Also, Jan Jansens flasher launcher is basically a stun attack which is very useful.I did stun Firkraag, at least once I think.On recollection I think he only managed to get off 1 wing buffet against me-I thought at the time that if you pound him hard he gets flustered.His main fireball attack was rendered somewhat ineffective, as I said, because of fire protection.
As for Minsc, I said in my original post that he fired both types of arrows.The piercing was for the opening attack followed up with Frost after.
You have questioned my ability to attack him.Mate, I have little idea of the technical nuances of the game-all I know is that I did.Hopefully my being level 10 at the time will make this more credible.Remember that I cast greater malison on him which inflicts a minus 4 to his saving throws I think.Therefore wand of frost was likely doing full damage with all the charges...as I said in my original post I think I was favoured with some good rolls,i.e.good luck.
BTW, my tanks were in his face when the spellcasters cast their lower resistance etc...he did not cast dispel magic on me.They has their protections all the way through.I'll be around for a little while..otherwise I'll respond when i next can, which will probably be over the weekend.If this topic dies out and you are so inclined feel free to e-mail me.Later.
Old 03-21-2001, 01:08 PM   #43
Elhardo
The Magister

I also killed Frikagg at level 10, its just about possible then, also Drizzt, he could have done it at level 9 if he had polymorphed it into a squirel ,
Old 03-21-2001, 01:14 PM   #44
Corinthian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

BTW, 250 in case you didnt notice thats an underscore 1 where my e-mail is concerned.

[This message has been edited by Corinthian (edited 03-21-2001).]
Old 03-21-2001, 01:29 PM   #45
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

whatever dude, you still havent answered the critical question:

where you got lower resistence? where you got arrow of pirecing? how did you take down his stone skin? (that is the first spell he cast)

dragon's magic are undisruptable, so dont tell me you disrupt his healing
dragon is immune to stun, how did Jan stun him? and how can Jan possibly hit Firakaag while he has like 17 thac0? (Jan is thief/mage)

the only guy you can hit Firakaag I saw was Minsc with a Elven Court Bow, but he wont do any dmg after at least 6 rounds (half of the hit will miss, half will take out stonskin) Arie's wand of frost wont do full dmg even if you lowered Firakaag's save.

Jaheria CANNOT hit Firakaag at all. that left only you and Keldron as front line fighter, they will be winged like crazy, got no chance to stay in front line.

Old 03-21-2001, 01:34 PM   #46
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Elhardo,

I was reading another thread on this forum about someone who polymorphed firkraak, and it turned him into this militant chicken of death. Apparently he doesn't loose much power. This chicken was doing wing buffet and casting spells. I can't testify to this first hand, but thats what everyone was saying.

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-21-2001, 01:36 PM   #47
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Elhardo,

I was reading another thread on this forum about someone who polymorphed firkraak, and it turned him into this militant chicken of death. Apparently he doesn't loose much power. This chicken was doing wing buffet and casting spells. I can't testify to this first hand, but thats what everyone was saying.

that person was me
he does not lose ANY power
Old 03-21-2001, 05:43 PM   #48
Elhardo
The Magister

Yeah I know m8 I myself mentioned on the forum about the firebreathing squirrel .
It does however get rid of its resistance, and lower its AC, etc.....(HP stay same)
However *big frown* It still killed MINSC!!!
Oh yeah the squirrel for me used the flap wings attack, you know where everyone gets knocked back...
I would have LOVED to see that with him polymorphed to chicken LOL!
Old 03-21-2001, 10:59 PM   #49
Steppenwolf

It is perfectly possible to kill Firkraag at 8th or 9th level without losing a single hit point, or resorting to "cheat" strategies. It just takes careful planning and exucution. You will need a Fighter, a Mage, and a few items easily bought or stolen:

1. Potion of Storm Giant Strength (From Roger the Fence - go to Temple Sewers)
2. Potion of Heroism (Roger)
3. Potion of Insight (Roger)
4. Limited Wish scroll (Adventurer's Mart. Do not write it in your Mage's spellbook - put it in his Quick Item slot))
5. Haste scroll (Ditto)

Get your characters close to Firkraag (while he's neutral). Have your Fighter drink the potions of Storm Giant Strength, Heroism and Insight. Use Draw Upon Holy Might to boost his Strength to 25.

Have your Mage cast Haste upon your Fighter. Next, have your Mage use the Limited Wish scroll. Quickly move him away from the materializing Genie and have your Fighter speak to it in his place. The Genie will ask if he desires a one-time wish or a repeatable wish. Choose the one-time wish and then for the power to control Time. The Genie will cast Time Stop, allowing your Fighter to attack Firkraag with impunity for the next 5 rounds.

At 3 attacks per round, +7 to hit and +14 damage with your most proficient weapon, each attack will incur an average of 20 points.

I've tested this strategy four times now, and only once did my Fighter fail to slay Firkraag before the spell expires, and even by then he was Near Death. 'Still ate my party, though. I hate that dragon.

Old 03-21-2001, 11:04 PM   #50
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I hope this does not turn into another "chicken talk" thread 250.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!