Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2000, 10:58 PM   #1
Morninglord

Well, I just had the spell Imprisonment cast upon me for the first time in the game. As I don't know exactly how it works I am compelled to ask, as I accidentily quick-saved after my battle, only to notice that Anomen was missing...
I suppose there is NO way to bring him back, nor will he come back automatically, as is the case with the Maze spell, or? Otherwise I have to re-play about 1 real our of gaming since that was the last time I made a backup copy =/ And I don't want to on on without Anomen, especcially since he carried a lot of goodies in his backpack. So my question is, as I said, does he come back?

/Morninglord of Sweden

Old 11-27-2000, 11:01 PM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I don't know if it is too late or not. The Freedom spell is the one that frees people from Imprisonment if you cast it on the area where the character was when imprisoned. GL
Old 11-27-2000, 11:03 PM   #3
Armisael

I'm only barely managing to stifle my laughing (I really hate Anomen), but the only way to bring someone who was imprisoned back is to cast freedom, which unfortunately also happens to be a level nine spell. Look around for someone that sells a freedom scroll; the only one that sticks in my mind is bought from the Duergar merchant in the Underdark.

Old 11-27-2000, 11:17 PM   #4
Morninglord

Whew!!! That is exactly where I am, in the Underdark, about half a screen away from the Duergar merchants! I will most definetliy go buy that scroll and cast the spell =)
The battle just ended, so I don't suppose it is too late to cast the Freedom spell, Relic? And how close to the actual area where he was imprisoned must I cast the spell?

As for Armisael, I can imagine this to be a tad bit fun for ye all and I even smile at it myself =) Though I have to say I had more problems with Viconias attitude than I do with Anomens (or Jaheiras, for that matter)

By the way, the idiot zonk who cast an imprisonemnt spell on me was a jerk which I released from a big black "crystal" here in the Underdark. Got damn moron.. well I showed him, I did =)

/Morninglord of Sweden

Old 11-27-2000, 11:24 PM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Try it and see. It'll be interesting because there's actually another guy imprisoned there too, wonder who will show up first?
Old 11-27-2000, 11:28 PM   #6
Morninglord

NEAT!!!!!!! I cast the Freedom spell from the scroll... I freed Anomen, AND a mage who was trapped there since long ago! He asked me to help him find a treasure =)

/Morninglord of Sweden

Old 11-27-2000, 11:31 PM   #7
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Morninglord, if it's not too late, as in if you haven't traveled from the battle site, use your map to place a marker near the spot. I'm not sure what the area of effect of the Freedom spell is, it will tell you when you read it. At least it will give you a close idea of how close you have to be.
Look at the bright side. I have read of people who had their main character imprisoned. Think of the pressure of having to try and find and free yourself, you're completely stuck until you do
Old 11-27-2000, 11:45 PM   #8
Morninglord

Well, things settled now, the area of effect seems to be somewhat extensive.
I just wanted to thank both of you for your help, it was much appreciated!

Fare thee well for now! =)

/Morninglord of Sweden

Old 01-01-2001, 11:54 AM   #9
SteveLB
Welcomed New User

just a comment on imprisonment

my guy got imprisoned by an elder orb, not far from where you are (later), and after casting freedom on him (the area where he disappeared) he promptly walked off never to be seen again !!

real bummer, I think it's a bug in the program !

Best bet is to cast spell immunity/abjuration on your characters if possible - this makes them inmmune to imprisonment !