Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2003, 09:26 AM   #11
Finn
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by Finn:
Hiya, tried to view the file but it took forever to load. Just wondering, how big is the video file?

Just a suggestion, hope you don't mind, perhaps it'll be even more helpful if you could list the actual file size in brackets next to the short discription text. This way, visitors to your site will get an estimation of how long the download will take.

I'm really looking forward to check out the video. Will try again. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ah, but the moment you start the download you'd know how large the file will be, no? But it's 13 MB-ish. [img]smile.gif[/img]

(and downloading the entire file took me about 5 minutes... While normally speaking, my cable connection is far from impressive. So I've got no similar "it took forever to load!" complaints whatsoever. )
[/QUOTE]Well, not everyone has ADSL broadband....Lucky git! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2003, 10:31 AM   #12
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by The Collective:
quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Electric Bard
Red alert! Red alert! Ex-individuals once known as Electric Bard and Cleric With A Vengeance have escaped our collective conciousness. Must reassimilate... reassimilate! [/QUOTE]I think you'll find he was actually known as Electroman - fearless toucher (and breaker) of all things electronic. His lack of fear and willingness to take almost superhuman risks in his ceaseless quest for arcane knowledge is ledendary.

After all, no mere mortal would have the courage to approach a gently humming/clicking wire making up part of a fence around a field of horses and actually touch it!!! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 06-24-2003, 05:25 PM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Well, I finally got another clip down to 14.6 mb. Bugger. In the process, I had to learn a bit about video editing, as I had to cut some from the front and end, realign the music track and spend lots of time waiting for attempted upload after attempted upload.

So. There are now two videos on the site. More to come. This is cool! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Electroman indeed. Why wasn't I called Socketboy, Powerpoint Willie or something.

[ 06-24-2003, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com