Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-15-2001, 01:56 AM   #11
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Oh, man! Cats and Christmas trees! Now dogs don't seem to be affected by the presence of a tree, but a cat...man! LOL

Well, you know Saz, that's not always true When our poodle was a puppy, we had to put our tree up on a table because she would do passes of it, snatching off nearby decorations and taking them under the dining table to bite them up. Then she'd stand up at it and pull off higher decorations we thought were safe.

Of course, she was, (and still is, nine years later as a matter of fact ), completely insane
Old 12-15-2001, 02:17 AM   #12
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

I love Christmas too, and I'm glad to see others here enjoying it also. I guess its becasue of my religion also. But Christmas is a time for everyone of course!

ha, I dont have any dogs or cats to climb christmas trees, but try getting an angry bird down from the top! We let him out of his cage from time to time, I guess he just liked it up there better than in the cage.

Sometimes when I am watching TV, or reading the paper I am shocked at what people will to just to try and get more money. It seems that they dont even think about it anymore, they just do it automatically. And I guess looking back we've become used to it by now. Sometimes its sad to see people using christmas like they do.

I cant wait until christmas day, I get to see all my family, have delicious food, get and give presents...i just cant wait!
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 12-15-2001, 02:21 AM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Scholarcs.. LOL.. sounds like your bird wanted to be the Partridge in a pear tree...

thanks for your post, I love sharing Christmas stories and feelings.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudy
Old 12-15-2001, 06:38 AM   #14
Vampire

I love winter but only when I have really warm clothing

I just love building snowmen, seeing snow fall on conifers and watching the winter sun setting...

ALL lovely [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2001, 08:40 AM   #15
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Hi, Cloudy, Saz, Avatar, Aelia. Great posts, all. Made me feel all "Christmassey", which I haven't been, Lord knows. Keep up the good work, I'll see you when Ziroc gets IW up and running again.P.S. My sons, 3 and 15, are all excited.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 12-15-2001, 10:23 AM   #16
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I can't add anymore about the great feelings of Christmas than everyone else here already has, so I'll just say, "I love Christmas!"

Cloudy you mentioned the pink house you see, well, on my way home from work there is a house that goes all out every year. I mean ALL OUT! A couple of years ago, I guess they decided it wasn't worth the trouble of setting up all that stuff and taking it down a month later, so they just started leaving it up year round!

They don't run the lights year round, just on special occassions like Easter, Memorial Day, Veterans Day, etc. [img]smile.gif[/img] Some people complain, but I kind of enjoy seeing Santa and his reindeer under flashing lights on the 4th of July...lol.

Merry Christmas everybody! [img]graemlins/santawave.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2001, 02:43 PM   #17
Sorcerer Alex

I am glad you enjoy this time of year, Cloudsparkle. Everything you've said reminds me of all the reasons I love Christmas myself. I want to thank you for posting this and to take this opportunity to wish you a wonderful Christmas. May you have a brilliant time with the people you hold dearest! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2001, 03:11 PM   #18
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

Yes Cloudy Christmas is a very special time of year. All who posted prior to me have said it all. As I drove home from Detroit last night in a bad snowstorm with less than a 1/4 mile visibility, cars spun out in the ditches and wrecks about every ten miles. I was thankful when I came over the last hill and saw my multi-colored landing strip (my home) all lit up and glaring through the snow. It gave me that warm fuzzy feeling in my tummy knowing that my family was inside and well, I walked in and my wife had a Christmas music CD playing and she was in the dining room wrapping presants and putting them under the tree. I forgot all about the miserable ride home instantly. [img]graemlins/santawave.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2001, 04:47 PM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Avatar! Snowmen... sigh.. can't remember the last time I built one! Wow.. thanks... *BIG SMILE*

Ron- that family must have one heck of a sense of humor! HAHAHA.. 4th of July! Are they all clear lights or colored ones? If the latter,that must be hysterically funny! Santa in July! HO HO HO!

Arledrian, I surely wish you all the joy the season has to offer! Thanks for adding to this thread. I think it's a nice spot of warmth and positive feelings. Can never have too much of either! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dresdan! Whew! I sure hate those drives in icy/storm conditions! Been there and done that and YUK. So glad you made it home ok! Awww... there... *warm mushy smile* You know exactly what I meant about those cheery lights welcoming you home! I often have Merlin sitting in the window too. Nothing so wonderful as being home and safe on a snowy night! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'd just like to thank everyone who has posted for helping spread the positive, happy feelings we all know and have come to expect this time of year! Sharing is one of my favorite things!

Hey! What's your favorite 'holiday' food? I mean do you get all slobbery thinking of cranberry sauce or is it the cookies you can't wait for... the apple pie? The eggnog? [img]smile.gif[/img] For me, it's the poppy seed cake and pumpkin bread/cookies/pie!

ChristmasCloud [img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2001, 05:13 PM   #20
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

BAHHH HUMBUG!!!!! *cringe* just joking [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm not religious but I do like christmas, its a nice holiday time and great for the kids! Theres a town near here called McAdenville that lights up the whole town,millions of lights, decorations, etc. It glows from miles away. Very popular around here, traffic is heavy to go there.