Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2004, 12:45 AM   #1
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Warning! I actually fell for this in the first game or two. Disruptive. I forget what I had to do, but I remember it was a _______ (fill in favorite expletive here)

Tonight we were exploring the Umpani caves and fought a big battle against 2 ensnaring spiders, 5 cavern spiders, 6 bat vampires, many diseased rats, etc. At the end of the battle we moved to a space that was a angular depression before saving. Oops, wrong move. This area (you find it if you stay on the left in the unexplored area heading towards a chest) locks all movement and says you are trying to move if you rest or do other things. Fought another battle without any movement possible. The critters moved during combat, their turn, but we could not. So we said to each other: Ok, save and reload. No good. So we said: let's just teleport out.

Did so and were still unable to move! (this time in Mountain Wilderness...you don't want to be immobilized there I think).

Definately a bug. So we saved and reloaded. Movement came back. We had a portal still in Umpani caves (not in area from Hell) so all is well. If we didn't have transporting, the game would have been over. Nasty bug. Do any still fall for this?
Old 12-15-2004, 10:01 AM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

There are a few places you can get stuck, but i'venever heard of the stickiness persisting when you Portal...i've never had Portal when i got stuck, and i only got stuck a couple times when i first started playing.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 09:51 PM   #3
rbeane1
The Magister

Now you tell me got stuck there myself just a couple of weeks ago!!
I didn't have portal. had to go back to my last save. You got to be careful.
there is a place in the hut where you get the gooda vine also.
rbeane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:50 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

Also, don't fool around with ramp jumping. That is, don't run off of surfaces to send your party airborne: numerous times I have gotten my party stuck in a little niche where they couldn't move.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:15 AM   #5
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Although there are a lot of fun places to bounce off stuff where it is safe, like the ridge edges on AP. And there are some challenges, like getting on top of the big block in the gap in the Arnika wall.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:52 PM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Scatter:
Although there are a lot of fun places to bounce off stuff where it is safe, like the ridge edges on AP. And there are some challenges, like getting on top of the big block in the gap in the Arnika wall.
Ah I could write a book on the challenges of doing it. But it is possible.

Another fun place to ramp jump is the stream bridge in the swamp. I get some nice air on that thing.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 02:09 PM   #7
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Is this technique used to get the Umpani flag flying above the fort? Someone got in earlier post. Never tried this stuff.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:52 PM   #8
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

The Umpani flag cranks down. The handle is behind Panrack.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:22 PM   #9
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Ooh! Another new thing...