Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 12-01-2000, 10:17 AM   #1
Zika

I have killed all the miners and the stout king. How that can affect some future events in the game?
What to do next after Stout Mines and Boogre cave?

Cheers

Old 12-01-2000, 10:26 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Did you get some dragon armor??

If you got that, you're okay.

Wyv
Old 12-01-2000, 10:34 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Wonder why my first reply doesn't show up in the replies column.

hmmmmm
Old 12-01-2000, 10:55 AM   #4
Sourceror

Yep, I did it after being POed by having to revisit all those twisting little passages to mess around by the trolley switches, bleh.

Took the vault key and the Krakowhatever hammer from his corpse, entered the king's vault and pulled one dragon armor from a chest and another two of them were lying next to the anvil.

Couldn't help but notice that he sure keeps a healthy amount of 'em Ale Kegs down there. There's gotta be a way to get at the contents, heh...

Anyways, back to the original question: deactivate the bronze beast and then on to the dragon...

Old 12-01-2000, 11:42 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Probably best to do the Boogres Cave before pressing on through the Dragon Spire.

Wyv
Old 12-01-2000, 09:43 PM   #6
Lily the Ranger

Oh, OH, OH! Moral dilemma . . . My party would never kill the dwarven king (bunch of do-gooders). But I'd really like to get in that vault and get all that nifty stuff (two suits of dragon armor just don't split well six ways) and that hammer looked soooooo nifty (oh, I'd have to kill him to get that *sigh* can't justify that at the story archive unless someone has a delusion moment . . . I could go to the INN and create an evil twin to strike the first blow and then it would be selfdefense). Guess, I'll go play with the boogres, get some brew and then come back and try to focus long enough to figure out the switch pattern. I must have missed something cause I never got the chance to chastise one jungle lily.

Old 12-01-2000, 10:47 PM   #7
tritone

I'm curious to know what that hammer does - pray tell! Please?

Old 12-02-2000, 05:18 AM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Lily,

Ummm...there are other less violent, but equally unorthodox ways to get into the vaults. (e.g. "picking" the treasure vault key off of the King while he's working on your armor). If you're into that sorta thing, that is.

Sazerac

P.S. I don't know if you can "pick" Kraokendon off of Freyedies. You probably do have to kill him for it. I never did, so I don't know what it does.
Old 12-02-2000, 07:24 AM   #9
Sourceror

Well, I quit the game while my party was in town and after restarting it I was told that my chars are out adventuring?! Duh, had to load my last save that was just before I engaged the stout king. This time I just selected my ratling thief had him steal from Frydays(sp?) whatever he could. Heh, I got the treasure key and some junk - but not the hammer! (Sidenote: the king may catch you stealing and let it go twice - but on the third time he'll get really angry! Learned that on my first visit, heh.)

Went to his private chamber and pilfered some goodies and two suits of dragon armor this time. The bronze beast was a snap, and I'm now spelunking in the caves it guarded.

Whatever, IIRC the Krakowhatever is a two-handed hammer with a couple of minor resists and like 5 lightning charges (but I didn't look too closely so I might have missed something). Anyways, it sold for ~25 grand, heh.

But is Frydays(sp?) really a do-gooder? He wants to kill Raskallion, as does this slimy Scoundrel(sp?). Well, they're all still alive in my current game - I'll decide whom I'll whack later!

Uh, and Lysandra is also still waiting for me. Stole that tusk off of her (now *where* did she keep it? Didn't notice any pockets on her gown, heh) and even returned it to her after putting it to "good use". After listening to her bizarre remarks I couldn't help but tried to use that poker iron from the serpent temple on her - uh-oh!

Old 12-02-2000, 09:34 PM   #10
Lily the Ranger

I keep forgetting I can steal things! Oh, thanks, thanks, thanks! Mussy would definitely do that! Now she and Dingal and Talon JUST MIGHT conspire to put a sleep spell on the guards to slip and slip into the armory . . . uh, purely to look around mind you; after all they still haven't found that fellow they are SUPPOSED to assassinate . . . of course, they would only do such a thing in self-defense . . . oh, the possibilities!

How did I get my facts so mixed up . . . my long-lost relations threw a surprise for me at the Boogre Caves (my reunion invite must have had the wrong address) scared me to death - three times over. But things are quite settled now and I hope that branch of the family shall never rear its nauseous head again. Well, I am off to see if I can't do something about my present condition . . . it's quite disturbing.