Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2001, 03:07 PM   #31
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Aaah Moridin, I'm sorry to hear about that. That makes you, me and IdiotRogue for a start. Glad you've kept your spirits up. It nearly broke me.

Mine was six years. (Eight together). It was like pulling off an arm.
The important thing is looking at what we have and remembering the positives in the situation and focussing on the present rather than the past (with regret) or the future (with apprehension). There is so much more good in this life if we open our eyes to the everyday things we take for granted for a start. (Drinking water, lying down, feeling a breeze, talking to others etc)

Gald you're up there bro.
Old 02-04-2001, 03:14 PM   #32
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Moiraine - No, my hubby doesn't post on this board, thank the light! He'd probably be one of those ones who got kicked off for trolling or something!

Cloudbringer - sounds like you got a very undeserved raw deal, so sorry! As Yorick said, best to find out earlier than later. I think you are a great person and have every confidence that your single status will be temporary. Until then, enjoy your freedom, it's a wonderful thing! You can do whatever you want with your spare time and don't have to answer to anyone! And, of course, we're all here for ya!
Old 02-04-2001, 03:37 PM   #33
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

i may be a little late but welcome back...
Old 02-04-2001, 06:07 PM   #34
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I promise to pop in later, but I'm supposed to be adventuring with turbovee and Charlie at the moment- gotta head back to see if we're up and running .

Just read (quickly) all your sweet replies. I'm really quite touched. Moiraine, I was smiling as I typed that. Please don't feel bad, I don't, not really! I am happy, never fear!

I'm not ignoring the rest of you, honest, but I took so darned long to get into the game we're trying to run together that I'm afraid Charlie and turbovee will think I've run off on them if I stay longer.

I'll be back!
Old 02-04-2001, 08:04 PM   #35
Armisael

Single, eh? Hrm...

Old 02-04-2001, 09:13 PM   #36
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Armisael: hahaha Surely, you didn't think I'd be hanging out with Anomen if I was married?

Yorick: Dang, we are gonna need the "identical thought processes" award, methinks. I don't really worry about my marital status or lack thereof- gave up doing that several yrs ago. I just live each day as it comes and why waste energy worrying about what might or might not have been/be? There are too many things to do/see/enjoy out there and not nearly enough time for it all!
--Yah, it was less than pleasant. Worse the first time; I had no idea what was going on til I walked in on them. I had a gut feeling about the second one. But hey, I AM glad I didn't waste more time on either turkey.

Ladyzekke: See above to Yorick, but thankyou so much for your kind words. I won't say that a bit of "oh geez, here comes Valentine's day again and rats, all I'm getting is a Snoopy card from dad" doesn't occur, it does, but it's not the end of the world. Thanks for caring.

Moridin: Sorry to hear of your break up, but glad you are doing ok with it! You're young, why shouldn't you enjoy life?!

Moiraine: What can I say? You are so wonderfully caring and truly considerate it makes me feel worse to have you think you upset me than when I dropkicked David all those yrs ago!

Everything is just fine, don't fret! And you are right, no doubt it would have come up sooner of later! I find myself babbling things here that I took years to tell other friends!

All I'm worrying about at the moment is the dreadful cursor lag I'm having on our multi-game tries.
Old 02-04-2001, 09:22 PM   #37
Armisael

Argh! Valentine's day! When is it!?

Old 02-04-2001, 09:45 PM   #38
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hey Cloudbringer, how did that multiplayer game go (so far)? From yall's posts it sounds a bit problematic. How do you guys communicate during the game?

I wouldn't worry too much about Valentines Day (Feb 14th Evil!). In my book it is just a holiday supported mainly by the candy factories, card manufacturers, and flower shops. They use it to lure people into feeling guilty so they can cash in on it. I'm sure in NY you have run into those rose vendors on the street that holler out "roses, roses for the lovely lady" or some such making your date feel obligated, even though really you would rather not carry around a single rose for the rest of your evening. By the time you get home the rose is pretty much shot. But you don't want to be impolite so you smile and accept the rose like it was some kinda joy in your life, and the vendor gets his five bucks! Not to say that I don't like flowers, I just prefer the ones planted in the ground rather than a clipped dying flower body! I don't sound bitter do I?
Old 02-04-2001, 09:53 PM   #39
Armisael

Yeah, I usually have the same cynnical outlook on most holidays. I was planning something for this Valentine's day... might back out, though, it's a tad too corny for my liking.

Old 02-04-2001, 10:13 PM   #40
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Boy the board is slow tonight!

LadyZ: I like my flowers growing outside too, of course severe allergies have a bit to do with that! Hey, I think I'll just open that bottle of champagne left from New Year's this Valentine's Day. My housemate will probably help me drink it, although she doesn't care much for the dry stuff.
(best friend and I built the house together a few yrs back- why should I have to rent from some sleazy landlord just because I'm single! )