Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-22-2000, 03:55 PM   #11
Quillum

Thanks for the Reply.

I did accept the Palace first. And than cleared the Sphere. Did bring the almost dead Necro out in the sun.
Did talk to the Knights but they just wandered off.
So I think the the consule was set to 1 by accepting the palace.

To open the Sphere you are right you need Valygar,,, I had him in my party to the door. But quickly send him straight to the Inn...

As far as I have figured it so far. There must be a bug in the palace..
I you take another stronghold after you declined the palace you can get back and get that one later.
Theori not tested.

Though I am not gonna redo all because I did the palace as one of my first quests.
and the Sphere one of the last before chapter 4.

Bugger.

Old 11-22-2000, 05:44 PM   #12
RuDeBoy_666

Alright, it's not a bug. I'm doing a multi-class half-elf fighter/mage for the second time. The first time I got the keep but not the sphere, the reason was I took that little bastard necromancer out to see the sun, damned chaotic good. If you refuse to take his evil ass out you get the sphere and you still have the keep, wich means apprentices and the 500 gold and war with the keep. What a blast, too bad the apprentices keep dieing

Old 11-22-2000, 06:09 PM   #13
xcom

Alright, my first char was an imported fighter/mage/thief since first objective is to follow the storyline and save the side quest later i did quests related to shadow thieves and im happy to find EDWIN there of course. So managed to get thief guild later i went to finish the Keep quest and i got it too. I thought it was really designed to be that way, but no, keep quest somehow really fails to check if you have an existing stronghold or game really allows it.
So thief or mage (either of the two) and fighter stronghold is possible even at that time shadowkeeper is not yet released and im still not aware of the clua cheat, though i usually use hex editor when i want to cheat i believe its easier and faster especially when i want to own all stronghold gee im always busy running there and then. have u tried it guys? its fun.