Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2004, 09:38 PM   #1
hickfam
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i have shadowkeeper and would like to create/change a character so that he will be a level 7 or 8 thief and then dual class a multi class fighter/mage. i want the ability to pickpocket/find traps/open locks without wasting all my xp on carrying a fighter/mage/thief
any help would be appreciated!
hickfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 10:29 PM   #2
Imrahil
Elminster

The bad news is that it can't be done. Thief -> Fighter/Mage isn't a valid combo.

You can give any character Thieving skills, but they can only use them if they have the appropriate Thieving button (for example, you can give a Monk points in Detect Illusion or give a Fighter Set Traps points & a few Innate Traps), but there's no way to add the little Thieving icon to a character.

The best way I can think of to simulate what you want to do is to create a regular Fighter/Mage/Thief, but every once in a while give yourself some extra experience.

For example, if you have 600,000 xp, you'd ideally have a level 9/10 Fighter/Mage, but instead will have a 8/9/10 Fighter/Mage/Thief. If you bump your xp up to 900,000, you'll have a 9/10/11 F/M/T, but you're only concerened about having the right Fighter & Mage levels.

Simplest way would be every time you gain 200,00 xp, give yourself an extra 100,000. May be too much of a pain, though.

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 03:32 AM   #3
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Since this is on topic: how can I change Imoen from thief/mage (dual) to Fighter/Thief (Multi)?

When I try - she alway ends as a dual class.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:59 AM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

It's not possible to do with Shadowkeeper, as far as I know. Look through her CREs in DLTCEP or Near Infinity, and remove the effect 'Original Class'. I think. But don't quote me on that.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 04:45 AM   #5
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

I figured it out. I installed Gerhard Blucher's alternate NPC's - specifically Imoen as a multiclass Mage/Thief and then changed her with SK to multiclass Fighter/Thief. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I need a multi F/T in my new NRL game.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:25 AM   #6
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Leslie afaik its becuase imoen is human
and humans cant multiclass