Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 03:41 AM   #201
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Syrathic HP:74/74

Syrathic listened to the speech of the others silently. His eyes followed the young Grimlock suspiciously from under the hood of his cloak, but his ears followed the words of the Elves. The masked one made Syrathic hesitate, but the Elf could not figure out why that was.

Syrathic nodded once at Dantes' words, but that was the only indicator of what he might be thinking. Even the masked one's words appeared to have no affect on the Elf, but underneath his hood, his eyes narrowed. The masked one had the sound of nobility, and Syrathic did not trust the nobility. They were the reason why he had left his homeland.

He stowed away the potion handed to him, deciding it would be of much more use later. "Kethotar," he said, turning to the Ranger. "I hope you will forgive my rough manner earlier. One does not expect allies to appear out of nowhere in this accursed place." He paused to nod his head at Kethotar and Saithele. "I am Syrathic," he finished, and then fell silent.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:49 AM   #202
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Kethotar

Kethotar nods and smiles at Syrathic. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Syrathic. And don't worry about earlier. I didn't expect much else in a place such as this, and I of course realize that you could not stay and chat." He looks arund at his new party-comrades. He did not know any of those he had just promised to help. "Tell me, have you been with this party for long?," he asks the elf. "I'll have a much easier time slipping in among you if I know a bit more about you, and this quest of yours." His face suddenly grew serious, and even a bit sad. "Whatever it is, I hope you're better off than I was when I got down here."
Old 09-26-2003, 08:21 AM   #203
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

ooc:where is the posesser? we have not heard from him since pg 7?

IC: wyrd walks from his companions side. he moves gracefully, and with authority, as tho he were here to deem the group worthy. stopping in turn to size up each member of the party, even those he has already met are subject to his powerful gaze.

in front of dantes he sits with a look of respect. he has expectations of being led aright from this one. with a twitch of his tail he gets up and moves on...

in front of syrathic his eyes have a telling understanding of one who puts himself in danger for others. he salutes the elf with a bow of his head, and continues his rounds...

Saithele...his distrust at this ones words is plainly obvious in his look. the power behind the swords is to be respected, and feared, but it is clear to the lion that Saithele has much to hide, and wyrd does not like that. he gives the masked one a look of doubt and of warning. he will be watching this one...

to Kethotar he gives a simple look of warning. altho the lion does not have an outright reason to distrust this one, he still must make it known that to hurt his companion is to make an enemy of this mass of muscle, claws, and teeth.

for brendon wyrd gives his nod of respect to his abilities, but somewhere...somehow...there is chiding in his gaze. the lion is amused by brendons infatuation with the elven girl. having no ties to such an attatchment he believes he will never understand this one.

Anarrima...he looks at her. he is proud of her and her mercy for the now restrained grimlock. the kindness towards what others would consider a lower creature is something that could win the lion and his companion to her friendship.

for the posessor he gives simply a look of understanding. the brutality of his fighting shows skill, but there was something about this one. he could forget himself, and that is dangerous here on this quest....

returning to ruby he rubs against her legs again. playing the part of a lovesick house cat. he then curls at her feet and begins to wash himself.

OOC: did wyrd miss anyone?

[ 09-26-2003, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: RevRuby ]
Old 09-26-2003, 03:38 PM   #204
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Brendon 70/70

Stepping forth to Dantes, Brendon says, "Dantes, we have captured a Grimlock and Ruby has been able to subdue its instincts to run or harm us, for the meantime at least. I was wondering if it can be of use to us in leading us to Euryale, with the help of Ruby and Dankarona. What do you think? Certainly we have the man-power to remove this witch from power, under your direction, don't you think?"

Anarrima 60/60

Ana did not know what to think about all of this talk of war. She merely wanted to return to the world in which she knew and loved, continue to serve her Goddess, and to get as far away from these shadows as possible. It seemed that the only way to accomplish this was with the help of these humans, elves, and lion. She was most likely stuck without option, unless she travelled alone, which would be foolish. It seemed as though all these newcomers wanted was to help Dantes and Brendon. What charisma they had!
Old 09-28-2003, 05:32 AM   #205
Legolas
Jack Burton

The Possessor - 76/76

He stared a momet at the potion in his hands. So eager they seemed to carry along any they might find. So desperate had to be their mission.
But he had lived now in darkness for so long. His owner possessing him no longer, he did not intend to die in a lightless realm. Only to see the sun again, a burning orb of brightness.

"A path to the surface realms," the gladiator said as he stored the liquid away. "That is all I ask. Two times now, everything I thought of as my world has vanished entirely. I live still; a third time brings nothing new."

His eyes moved over the assembled men and women, strangers all.
"Show me where I may find the sun, and I will be..."

Carrying a look of surprise, his gaze shot back to a figure at the back. He was not the only one?
Never looking away, he reached up with both hands to lift the Galea from his head.

"Ana?"
Old 09-28-2003, 04:32 PM   #206
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Anarrima

She heard her named called by someone that had just walked up, a newcomer to the party that had enjoined the battle in it's raging heat. Looking over to where the person was, she at first did not recognize him, but then a few things came back to her memory.

The drow slave pins, the gladiator battles, the tortures and the darkness of the underdark. It made her tremble to see this man, a representative of those terrible memories that will never leaver her. But this particular man...she knew! It was coming back to her now. The master was over her, beating her and insisted that she be slain by those barbed whips. She thought she was finally giong to die in this miserable place, die and never see her land again. Then, it had stopped. She dared to look up and see this man who had taken her tormentor by the throat and had thrown him down into the chasm far below. His master wailed on his back and beat him terribly, then cast a spell that had rendered the man immobile. Then she heard the drow say, "I never liked that fool anyway, but it is not your place to decide the fate of us, human"! Then he was carried away, and took Ana as his own servant as well.

For many more months, she was the Drow's maid. Before, she had been used merely for experimental-type studies of her magic abilities, her fiar skin, and other grotesque studies. Her new master, the Gladiator's master, was much more pleasant to be with. He never beat her nor tested her with experiments. It was a much better life. In those months, she was frequently near him. The gladiator. He had no name, other than "The Posessor." Regardless, they had become friends, and this friendship healed her spirits in a way to give her hope again. She owed her life to that friendship.

Of course, they were seperated again after a while and she was being held in a slavery keep where the next Drow would come along to purchase her. That is when she had become free and escaped. for the Shadow Giants had attacked that same hour.

She looked upon her friend with no name and tears of joy overcame her. She simply stood there and cried. She finally whispered, "You made it".

OOC>>>I hope that is well with you, Legolas.
Old 09-28-2003, 04:53 PM   #207
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Euryale

She moved about in the lair, impatient for a turn of events. She had hoped the foolish ones would have been slaughtered by now. That was not there fate. In fact, not a one of them had died. How lucky they were! She had decided not to risk the lives of her precious shadow hounds, for they were needed for a different task. Protecting her from Terrakis. She had feared his coming even before the meddlesome humans and elves had decided to invade the caverns of her ancestral home. But before they had arrived, all she had to bargain with were the hounds. Terrakis would surely like them. But then she had come. This Rhianneth was special as it was revealed to her. She was connected directly to the Mage! Her sources had shown her many marvellous sights and proved this Rhianneth's worth was to be measured more grandly than any other treasure that she could have gathered up. This bartering gift would prove to be Terrakis's weakness. His pride in being a chid of that Mage would certainly beg her to give Rhianneth to him. And for a price, she would. She made her way over to the stone statue of a lady, frozen in her last breath of life that she had taken before seeing those brilliant green orbs that caused her flesh to turn to stone. Euryale pat the figure, as she spoke, "Yesss my preciousss. You will win me these landsss of darknesss, for you are a prize indeed to the giantsss."
Old 09-29-2003, 04:26 PM   #208
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

"Ahh yes the witch. . ." Dantes muttered thoughtfully to himself. "Presumably she was the one that led this attack on the gnomish settlement. But I do not think she is our main enemy. From what information I have been able to gather I think the shadow giants are far more dangerous than her. Unfortunately we have no lead as to the shadow giants whereabouts except for her. I think we should find out what this grimlock knows" Dantes said with a glance at the grimlock, "not much by its appearance," He added. "I was given something I need to study, something that might be very useful in our quest, but I just have to figure out how. I am going to retire to my study to recoup spells and study this item. Lets us meet here in two days time and be on our way. We have inconvenienced the gnome with our stay enough already, so until then, " Dantes bowed and quietly made his way back to the hut assigned to him by the gnomish counsel that held the rune from the fallen dragon's lair and began to work.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:28 PM   #209
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Brendon

He watched Dantes depart, turned and saw Anarrima giving a teary eye towards the brute of a man that had appeared from Gods-know-where, and the Elves chattering in Elvish. He looked at the trembling Grimlock who turned it's head at somehow sensing it was being looked at, and then at the psyc. and her lion. "Well that's it, then!", he exclaimed, throwing his hands into the air, and making the Grimlock jump at his shout. "If anybody cares, I'll be asleep in my tent."...and he stormed away.
Old 09-30-2003, 02:08 AM   #210
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The expression on the stone face is not at all a pleasant sight to behold. It is not so much the dilated eyes or hollow cheeks, but the lips that immediately grabs one's attention. Parted and twisted, they strive to utter the words of horror that are silenced forever.

Wha… ?

[ 09-30-2003, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Closed Thread