Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 12-28-2006, 04:44 AM   #31
Target
Red Dragon

Thanks!!
Are there any good sites where I can read up on the classes etc, I need something to do now I'm back at work!! ha ha

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:08 AM   #32
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page is always a great place to start.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:21 AM   #33
Target
Red Dragon

Thanks looks like a lot to read there, people in the office might think I'm actually busy!!

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 12-28-2006, 07:30 AM   #34
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Remember, take notes. People will think you're working, and give you a raise. If you're at a meeting, start designing a build. If you're at a seminar, start designing an 8v8 team build. Never let anyone see what you are doing, unless they are both stupid and powerful. In that case, they won't understand it, and will spread the word around the company that you are on something revolutionary.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:48 AM   #35
Target
Red Dragon

Ha ha!! a raise would be nice. I'll have to remember all that!! My friend who works at festivals said something similar, if you want to get back stage carry a clip board, have wires/leads over the shoulder and look serious and no one stops you!!
There is a lot more to this game than I first thought, and building a character to play seems a bit more complicated as well!!
Any suggestions for a first one?

Old 12-28-2006, 10:22 AM   #36
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

A lot of people start with a warrior - you know, big dumb barbarian killer tank, seems rather easy. Personally, I like the warrior the least of the core professions, although, of course, I use a sleek, intelligent warrioress .

Play what you think you'd like. I started with a ranger (*surprise!*). GW is the only game I've ever been able to play a caster class successfully. It all depends on where your curious interest lies strongest.

Sample types of a few "builds" or types:
Ranger: Sniper, Interrupter, Beast Master, Trapper
Mesmer: E-Denial, Anti-Spellcaster
Necro: Blood (Vamp or party support), MM, Curse Master, Spiteful Spirit
Elementalist: pick an element
Monk: Healer, 55, Smiter, Prot Bonder
Warrior: Tank, (there are a few variations, but don't know what to call them )

[ 12-28-2006, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Garnet FalconDance ]
Old 12-28-2006, 10:35 AM   #37
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I love Factions... Haha

I am a healer monk. Trying to get Canthan Grandmaster Cartographer... great sceneries, locations, etcetc

Overall it is a great game. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Prophecies was boring for me, but I will finish it in due time

Factions is my home, and I love it.

Nightfall is indeed the best out of the three, but I like being a canthan instead of an Elonian local. most probably because I am Asian.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:13 PM   #38
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yesterday I made 3 new elementalist builds using nightfall skills, and I really kicked ass. Then I saw a warrior. Just, wow! Best warrior ever. I haven't figured out every skills he was using, but he took on our whole team 3 games in a row. I couldn't even get to launch instant spells against him. He was always attacking faster than I could when I spam stone daggers, and his every attack interrupted. It's impossible to describe the devastation he did, it has to be seen, he was attacking faster than assassins, and doing more damage too, while always interrupting.

The match would start, and he'd just charge alone on sprint, kill me while interrupting my every actions, then move on the the other guys on my team. The first time we were so surprised he killed all of us even before his teammates could get to us. The second match wasn't better, you just don't expect a warrior to do more damage than an assassin or dervish. The third game I was ready for him, I managed to slow him down with a water hex, then blast him, and got him to 30% before he got to me and interrupt spamed me to death. But my team managed to finish him, and we lasted a while before they rezed him and he killed us again.

[ 12-29-2006, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 12-29-2006, 04:28 AM   #39
Target
Red Dragon

Sounds a good warrior!! I only have Factions, does that mean I won't be able to 'do/play everything'?
Are there many updates to download?

Old 12-29-2006, 05:46 AM   #40
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Each "game" is a different continent with a different story and mission. They're all standalone, so once you're done with faction you can get one of the others and do them later. Your characters can move between the continents by boat.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote