Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 12-03-2000, 01:13 PM   #1
Matt

Do you have to walk around alone or can you be with someone when trying to become a Monk? Can you go into towns and dungeons and still be in your Monk training? How do you know when two days are up? What do I do in the Skull Castle? Thats all.

Old 12-03-2000, 02:26 PM   #2
xenotoca

Hi Matt the Basher

Not sure if you have to be alone. You must stay out the 2 days as if you return to town the clock resets and you have to do it all again. Best way is to stand just outside of town and set game speed to fastest and go down the Pub. (I think its about 45 min game time but dont quote me)

You are in skull castle to kill the vampire, get goshins shield and the lichs staff (needed to open pyramid)
check out the walkthrough at
http://www.tk421.net/wizardry/

it may help to guide you.

Old 12-03-2000, 03:16 PM   #3
Ravensong

You don't have to be alone to fullfill the Monks quest, nor do you have to stay out of town. It is easiest to just stand around and do something else though. I've noticed that on paper Ninja and Monk seem to be about the same but in reality the Ninja is a far better class. Monk gets Spirit magic but can't wear Plate Armor (except Dragonplate and loses the oportunity to buy a bunch of traits as well.

Old 12-03-2000, 07:01 PM   #4
Lily the Ranger

On the monk thing . . . going back into town and talking to the fellow at the dojo before my two days were up seemed to reset the clock for me. I didn't go out alone but I did remove every last item from my character (including jewelery) and kept his inventory blank (I don't think you have to do this) just incase. I put monster on "come and get me" and used my two days to gather points and items that would bring me in gold (left those rusty swords, assorted sticks behind. I did walk away from my screen and got sidetracked when I came back I was surrounded by a dozen or so ratling ninja dudes. Quite the experience. I am not sure how game time passes compared to real time but I just kinda of used the sun and stayed out well past sunrise on my second day, just in case.