Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2001, 11:00 PM   #1
Rolla Z
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Do keys disappear after one use? I'm in the temple ruins and I took the bright gem off the pedestal and unlocked the first shadow door. After doing so the gem disappears. I now can't get pass the second shadow door. Is this a bug? Or is there another gem somewhere?

possible spoiler (being careful for my first post)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Also in Nalia's castle I found a key on a bookshelf on the level with the golems. After unlocking one of the doors the key disappeared and I can't unlock one of the other rooms on the level. I'm positive that is where the third head for the flail of ages is but I can't get in so I had to settle with only 2 heads on the flail. Is this a bug or have I missed something.

Thanks for any help.
Old 07-03-2001, 11:40 PM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

You've missed something. I did Nalia's quest some time ago but I don't remember any probelms with locked doors.
As for the flail heads, they are located as follows:

*Spoiler*
One is next to the forge where you can make the Flail of Ages.
One is located in the room where you find all the golems.
The third is found on Glacias (sp?) who is charmed and will fight you. You can either kill him or uncharm him. Either way you will get the 3rd and final head.

As an aside, I find that BG2 handles keys inconsistently. Some keys disappear after use. Others remain after use.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 07-03-2001, 11:50 PM   #3
Rolla Z
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have not found someone called Glacias who is charmed. I assume he is in the room I can't gain access to on the same level as the golems? I am thinking it must be a bug.

With regards to the temple ruins I just found another room that leads me around the other shadow door. I wasn't searching hard enough the first time. Back to the adventures....

[This message has been edited by Rolla Z (edited 07-04-2001).]