Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-03-2001, 03:02 AM   #1
Maverick
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What is the best scimitar in the game, and where do i find it? So far i have the scimitar+2 that you get from the genies at Trademeet. The only decent weapon that Jaheira can use is the scimitar, is this true?
Old 07-03-2001, 04:37 AM   #2
Floraowe
The Magister

I don't remember seeing any scimitars better than the one you get from the Genies, but Jaheira can also use clubs, and there is a very good club available in Trademeet, a +3 called (I think) Blackblood.
Old 07-03-2001, 05:16 AM   #3
TheDutkanator

When you get Jaheira, she uses clubs and scimitars. (better with clubs I think). BUT, it doesn't *have* to stay that way. These are NOT the ONLY weapons she can use. Just put her next proficiencies on something else!

Do you have Throne of Bhaal? If so, there are better scimitars. If not, there is the "Belm +2" that is basically identical to Rashad's Talon.

The blackblood is the best choice if you don't have throne of bhaal. It's a +3 club and does an extra +3 acid. With throne of bhaal, there is a club of detonation that is upgradable to a +5 and +3 (or 5?) fire.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
Old 07-03-2001, 05:27 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The best scimitar for Jaheira to use is Belm. It gives an extra attack. Depends on how you want to outfit her. If it's weapon and shield then go for Belm.

If you want her to be more of an offensive weapon then there's a spear called the Spear of Impaling which is hands-down the best weapon she can wield. You can get it in Chapter 5.

------------------
Old 07-03-2001, 02:44 PM   #5
Shadow
Manshoon

spoil?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The scimitar+3(what?)is better than belm. It is located in Quiles house in underdarks ust naha.

------------------
The Black Killer
Old 07-03-2001, 03:03 PM   #6
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow:

The scimitar+3(what?)is better than belm. It is located in Quiles house in underdarks ust naha.
Is it a drow weapon?
Old 07-03-2001, 05:20 PM   #7
Messier
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler(??)
Scimitars +3 Water's Edge - Found in a cabinet in the House of Jae'llat(The Underdark-Ust'Natha)

Scimitars +3 Frostbrand - Loot from Drizzt

Scimitars +5 Defender - Loot from Drizzt (this one cannot be use by neutral or evil alignment), I think its the best scimitar in BG2 but not for Druids

IMO Jaheira better use Club +3 or sling +5 instead, I found that Club +2
Gnasher works even better against wizards.
Old 07-03-2001, 05:30 PM   #8
Gustave
The Magister

My Jaheira uses the Spear of Impaling and totally rips everything apart. The Blackblood club or Gnasher are both decent substitutes if you wish to use a shield.
Old 07-03-2001, 05:36 PM   #9
Rikard

Since i started playing with a Beastmaster i found out Staves can be very poweful
This is the weapon wich IMHO is the best weapon for a Druid to use

Staff of the Woodlands
Known only as the "Wild Man of the Wood", the man that carried this staff was a legendary figure near Trademeet until the day he died and returned to the soil. Those who saw him remember his dark, bark-like skin, a feature that would fade if the staff were set aside. He would harass irresponsible loggers and poachers, and old-timers tell of mercenaries chasing him with a dozen hunting dogs or more. The animals seemed ready to rip the poor druid to pieces, but he quickly turned them on their former masters. Rushing forward in hopes of ending his influence, the men-at-arms saw the final power of the staff, and as the vegetation trembled with the "Wild Man's" magical calling, there formed a green, rotting mix of life and death that shambled overtop of the terrified soldiers, killing them all.

STATISTICS

AC: +3 bonus
Equipped Abilities: Barkskin (AC 3)

Use Abilities (cost 1 charge)
Summon Shambling Mound

Enhanced Charm Animal
Duration: 5 minutes
Saving throw: save vs. spells with a -4 penalty

THAC0: +4 bonus
Damage: 1D6 +4
Damage type: crushing
Weight: 2
Speed Factor: 1
Type: 2-handed
Requires: 5 Strength
Usable By
Druids

------------------

The Last Of the Red

Old 07-03-2001, 10:54 PM   #10
Balor
Dungeon Master

However you get that late in the game! VERY LATE! The best staff for any person would have to be the staff of Rynn (Bought at the adventures mart!)