Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 08-30-2002, 06:51 PM   #1
Marx
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok, i had a kickarse Conjurer going, Lv 17, but then i saw duel class option, and i picked fighter and took some fighting skill, well i couldnt use my magic anymore, is this permenent or not? whats the point of dule classes if its permenent?

also i was playing around with the cheat codes, and made a ice salamander join my party, now he is dead, but he is still in my party how do ya get rid of it? ty for being patient with my newb self
Old 08-30-2002, 06:58 PM   #2
Witchhunter
The Magister

When you choose dual-classing you lose the skills of your original class, untill you reach the same or higher level than your original class with the new one. This means, you will have to reach a lvl 17 fighter to get back your magic skills...and that might take a while.
\"Achievement is for senators and scholars. At one time I had ambitions but I had them removed by a doctor in Buffalo. It started as cyst, it grew under my arm and I had to have new shirts made, it was awful. But I have them in a jar at home now.\" <br />-Tom Waits
Witchhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 07:00 PM   #3
Marx
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wow a fellow Tom Waits fan, hey thanks for the help buddy, whats your fave Waits album, mine is "the Black rider"
Old 08-30-2002, 07:21 PM   #4
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

You should really only use the dual class option if it's something you have planned to do right from the start. You should also probably start with the class you want the least levels in.

One of the most common levels to dual at is level 9 because characters are usually "at their peak" there and will be gaining levels slower afterwards.

Also remember that there is a maximum amount of xp you can get and as you are already a 17 level conjuror I guess you have almost hit it.

So if you dual him to a fighter you will end up with a very lousy warrior with no spells at all.

If you really want to try that dual thing I would reccommend that you start a new character, with the non-magical class first.
Old 08-30-2002, 08:31 PM   #5
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
You might try going to the charsheet page and clicking "Reform Party" to kick it out.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 03:39 AM   #6
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Witchhunter:
...you will have to reach a lvl 17 fighter to get back your magic skills...
Isn't it lvl 18?
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 03:47 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You dual at level x.

You gain back your first class' abilities when your second class' level is x+1.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote