Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-21-2001, 10:28 PM   #1
Izanagi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Nalia's left, and somehow i'm not able to travel to the De'Arnise keep. I feel perplexed by this.. all would be right in the world if i could just get there

Might any of you know a possible solution?
Old 11-21-2001, 10:34 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Try going to the gate district and go from there. I assume your problem is that the keep is greyed out on your map so you can't travel there.
Old 11-21-2001, 10:36 PM   #3
Izanagi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh! Yes.. that is true, i've tried going from every district in athkatla. Umar hills, windspear hills, and the keep are all greyed and inaccessable.

i'm thinking, perhaps there's someone else i must speak to first? or some quest i have to finish? i can't think of what must be done
Old 11-21-2001, 10:37 PM   #4
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Izanagi,

You have to go to the City Gate District to leave the City for the first time. After that you should be able to come and go as you please.

However, you might want to explore the other districts before heading out to the Keep. Nalia will be there whenever you arrive. The trolls she spoke of aren't very difficult - but there are some other monsters that are much tougher.

Travel around the city for awhile. You can pick up some interesting NPC's and experience-building quests. When you have the party you like - then you can clear out De'Arnise Keep.
Old 11-21-2001, 10:51 PM   #5
Izanagi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think the solution then is that i'm overlooking something very obvious, if i need to get there from the city gates. i've done the quest before, on a previous character.

it was fun :]

thank you, again for your insights ^^

of course, if i'm sitll stumped after i try this i'll let you know ~_~